21 December 2022 (Wednesday) - Xmas Buffet

I slept well, but my back was certainly on the iffy side when I got up this morning. I let the puppies out, but when they did their usual charge up the stairs, Morgan slipped and fell. He seemed OK, but I shall have to keep an eye on him.
I made toast and watched a couple of episodes of “Star Trek: Prodigy” then had a little look at the Internet. After a rather fraught weekend with the lap-top taking an age to get going, the device was working far better this morning. Perhaps it realises I’m getting just a tad fed up with it.
Facebook was a tad annoying this morning… is “annoying” the right word? Yet again I’m questioning my career choice and wondering if hospital work is a mug’s game. As the current strikes are showing, the wages are piss-poor compared to all sorts of other jobs. The hours suck. This morning so many people were gloating that they had already packed up for Christmas, and even signed off of social media for the holidays… holidays which don’t start in my world for another three and a bit days.
 
I dosed myself up with ibuprofen in the hope it would sort out my back, and walked down the road Munzing like a thing possessed at virtual lifebelts and virtual volt-meters (never a dull moment in the world of Munzee), As I drove up the motorway the pundits on the radio were banging on about how the Scottish Parliament is proposing changes to the law which will remove the need for a medical diagnosis of gender dysphoria in order to receive a gender recognition certificate. And would lower the minimum age for applicants for such a certificate to sixteen, and would and reduce the time required for an applicant to live in their acquired gender from two years to three months (or six for people aged under eighteen). So much air-time was devoted to the younger trans community with regard to this.
Don’t get me wrong. I don’t doubt for one minute that there are genuine trans people who really are in the wrong bodies. But how many children are jumping on the bandwagon here? When my father was a teenager you could dress up as mods and rockers to show off. When I was a lad we shocked our parents by being punk rockers. “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” used to enjoy being a chav and putting on a show to wind me up. My favourite oldest granddaughter recently told me there are twenty children in her class claiming to be trans because it causes problems for the teachers.
As I said, don’t get me wrong. I don’t doubt for one minute that there are genuine trans people who really are in the wrong bodies. But twenty in just one school class..? Seriously?
 
I got to work and hobbled about as best I could with a still-iffy back. Fortunately I was doing a lot of training today so sitting about was good.
Something else which was good was the works Christmas buffet. The idea was that everyone brought in something or other, and everyone shares it all out. I brought in far too many of the weird and wonderful crisps that the sell in the Polish shop over the road. The mushroom flavoured crisps were rather popular.
 
With work worked I came home. “er indoors TM boiled up a very good bit of dinner which we scoffed, then I fell asleep whilst watching  whatever was on telly. I hate that…

No comments:

Post a Comment