10 December 2022 (Saturday) - I've Got Cruise Control

As I drove home from a rather busy night shift I pressed the button to turn on the cruise control like I’d been doing for the last couple of weeks in the courtesy car, and carried on singing along to my (rather odd) choice of music. Half way though a rousing chorus of Dragostea Din Tei I had a revelation. The cruise control was working… The car I’ve been driving around in for a year has got cruise control. I had no idea. I suppose this is yet another example of “if all else fails, read the instructions”.
 
I got home, loaded the dogs and “er indoors TM into the car, and we all drove round to Repton Community Centre for dog club. All but one of the dogs were running round wearing coats, and on talking to everyone it seemed that most of the coats were being worn under protest.
Despite the cold we had a rather good meet-up. Talking about all things dog with like-minded dog-herds is always good, and the dogs love it too… Well, most of them do. Treacle wasn’t keen, but towards the end of the session she started joining in. Perseverance is the key with her.
 
We came home; I went to bed for a few hours. “er indoors TM produced some KFC from out of the freezer which she microwaved for lunch. The chicken wasn’t bad, but microwaved frozen chips were… “interesting” is perhaps the best word?
 
After a rather dull afternoon we drove down to Folkestone to collect “Daddy’s Little Angel TM”, “Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TMand  Darcie Waa Waa TM  and we went to Walmer Castle where we’d bought tickets to see the Christmas lights. It was pretty, but not sixty quid’s worth of pretty. I might have been a little more impressed had my back not been playing up quite so much. I’ve noticed that about eight hours into a night shift I develop a backache which lasts for a day or so.
I wonder why…
 
We came home via Newtown where I dropped “er indoors TMat her works Christmas bash. I’ve got orders to collect her later.
I wonder how much later… I shall have a little doze until the phone rings.

No comments:

Post a Comment