8 December 2022 (Thursday) - So Cold

It was rather cold when I took the puppies into the garden at dark o'clock this morning. Rather than doing what was expected of them and coming straight back (like they usually do in the morning) there was  a lot of "silly beggars" being played today. Eventually I had enough and tried to catch them to carry them in, but they are speedy enough at the best of times; let alone when high-spirited and zooming round an icy dark garden. After I nearly fell in the pond for the second time I gave up and decided they could stay outside and shiver. They must have read my mind since as I opened the back door so I nearly fell over them both as they sprinted inside.
I watched an episode of "Stranger Things" as I scoffed toast; it is quite clear that the writers never expected the show to be as successful as it is and to run for as long as it has. The plot is clearly being made up as it goes along.
Mind you I've been doing that with my Lego Advent Calendar for years, so I'm in no position to take the moral high ground, am I?
 
I then wandered up the road to find the car. It was a shame I was finding "the" car and not "my" car. "My" car has an ice scraper in it, I spent a few minutes having a go at the ice on the courtesy car's windscreen with the swipe card for the works' car park before eventually setting off.
As I drove the pundits on the radio were talking about the planned strikes. There was talk of "travel chaos", but I can't see what chaos there will be. With airport and railway staff on strike, no one will be travelling at all, will they?
It was claimed that the army has got the arse and isn't happy at having to keep the country going as the strikes hit. I can see their point in that this isn't why they signed up, but what else would they be doing?
There was a lot of talk about the government bringing in legislation to ban strikes in critical jobs (like ambulance drivers) but will this achieve much? To my mind this will just make the recruitment problems worse.
 
I had a little Munzee mission before work. Today as part of the Clan War I had to magnetize a mystery in order to get a jukebox. There's never a dull moment when scanning bar codes stuck to lamp posts, is there? And with mysteries magnetized and jukeboxes found I went to the petrol station. The rules are that the courtesy car has to go back (tomorrow) with half a tank of petrol, so hopefully I put in enough.
There was a minor mishap as I got back into the car after filling it. As I sat down somehow I managed to sit on my knackers. That made me sit up and take notice. I don't know how I managed it; I wish I did. I would certainly not do it again. I spent much of the morning feeling rather sick after that.
I considered using a piccie of “Buster Gonad” as today’s piccie, but thought better of that…
 
Work was work. We had the inspectors in, but I managed to avoid them. As I worked so my phone rang. It was the nice people fixing my car. Did they want me to deliver it to home tomorrow rather than me going to collect it from Dover? Yes please!
I then paid the excess. Forty-five quid. The nice lady on the phone said that was the lowest excess charge she’d ever seen. Am I onto a bargain with my insurance, or are they just charging too much? Either way it is now nine weeks since they said they would phone me to discuss whether or not the smack to the car was my fault or not, and despite being prompted several times they have not got back to me. Once I’ve got my car back I shall look at getting another insurer.
 
I came home to find “er indoors TM and the pups off out on a mission. I left them to it and started the munz-admin for the Clan War (as I am “El Supremo” for our clan this month). It don’t take long, and it’s something I can do easily enough.
A bit of dinner, a bit of Netflix… shame it is so icy cold tonight…

No comments:

Post a Comment