4 December 2022 (Sunday) - Family Christmas Party

I was woken shortly after seven o’clock when a wet nose shoved itself up my bum, and as I jumped I ricked my neck. “er indoors TM had “done the puppies” this morning and brought them up to the bed. I lay awake for a few minutes wondering what was in the Lego Advent Calendar for today. Every year I buy the thing in the early Autumn and it sits on the shelf with each window unopened until the intended day. Every morning in December I open the window and think “WTF” to myself.
As I pondered on what I could say I made toast and had a look at the Internet. There was a squabble kicking off on the Facebook “Lego Scammers Page”. Apparently tricking people out of money by offering to sell a Lego set you haven’t got is big business these days. The etiquette is that when you put up a photo of the set you are selling you put a scrap of paper with your name on, or the picture includes your face. The idea is that buyers can see you actually have the set to sell, and that you haven’t bagged a generic photo from the Internet. This move is proving very popular amongst those who don’t want to be scammed, but is very unpopular with those who are trying to cheat people out of money.
 
I took the dogs for a little walk round the block. They are getting better on leads. I would rather have gone somewhere else for a decent walk, but the rules say no dogs in the courtesy car. We walked round the cold streets, Munzing as we went.
As we walked so the local church started clanging its bell. They’ve only got the one, and it gets clanged every week. For years I didn’t realise it was a church bell. I always thought it was local kids bashing something against an old tin bath.
 
We settled the dogs and drove to Folkestone where we collected “Daddy’s Little Angel TM”, “Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TMand  Darcie Waa Waa TM then headed on to Hastings for the family Christmas gathering. What with work I’ve missed the last few so I was rather glad to get along today. A very good spread with far too much to drink. Fun party games for the littluns (with which I obviously joined in) and I  even got to sit on Santa’s knee. Result!
I slept all the way home.
 
“er indoors TM dropped me off and took the most recent fruit of my loin to see her brother. Once home I woke the dogs and tiddled them, then all four of us slept whilst Alexa played Christmas music at us until “er indoors TM came home with KFC.
I put the finishing touches to the presentation for tomorrow’s interview and now I need to work up some enthusiasm for it… I’m still not convinced I want to go back to being in charge…

No comments:

Post a Comment