6 December 2022 (Tuesday) - Home Alone (with the dogs)

I slept right through till half past four last night; I saw that as something of a result. I did my usual routine with the puppies, made toast and watched an episode of "Stranger Things" in which no "things" (strange or otherwise) happened. Sometimes that show can be rather dull.

Pausing only briefly to open today’s window of the Advent Calendar I set off to work. As I drove the pundits on the radio were talking about the  so-called MedPro scandal in which the Labour party are alleging that  Baroness Michelle Mone and her family have made millions out of a contract between the government and a firm supplying PPE equipment. I can only think that the Labour party are just stirring trouble here. Has Baroness Michelle Mone actually made any money out of the deal? Yes or no? If yes, has she acted illegally? If yes, call the police. If no, then the Labour party should shut their rattle because it is widely assumed and accepted that all politicians (of all parties) are only in it for what they can get out. And if Labour are mixing it about a particular Tory, it won't take long at all for the Tories to find someone in the Labour party who isn't one hundred per cent beyond reproach, will it?

There was also talk about the Netflix documentary being released about Prince Harry. The general consensus was that everyone hopes he's happy in his new life in America as he has certainly pissed on his chips in the UK with his popularity fast going down the pan. His mother got away with sticking the knife into the Royal Family, but it don't look like he will manage quite so well.
The news rarely features anyone doing anything good, does it?

I got to work and did that which I could not avoid. Quite a few people asked how yesterday’s interview went. Quite a few people seemed rather keen that I might take the job if offered it (I haven’t been offered anything yet). I smiled politely at everyone (as I do). I’m still undecided.

An early start meant for an early finish. It took me an absolute age to get home, and one home I walked the pups round the block. Only a few short months ago we would go to the woods after an early shift; today it was dark when I got home. We walked round the block; we came home. As I took my shoes off I heard a crunching. Morgan was eating something he shouldn’t. He’d got a USB key thingy from somewhere and was sitting in his basket chomping away.. I hope it was nothing irreplaceable…

Once the pups had scoffed their dinner I scoffed mine. With “er indoors TM and Cheryl off to bingo I’d been left “home alone” and so I’d called in at the works branch of M&S before coming home. Chinese Chicken Wings and turmeric flavoured cauliflower was actually a whole lot better than it sounds.

As I scoffed I watched more “Stranger Things” in which (unlike this morning) some very strange things happened.
I wonder when “er indoors TM will be home…

No comments:

Post a Comment