2 December 2022 (Friday) - Cake, Telly

Being awake far too early (again) I got up, tiddled the puppies (in about a tenth of the time we took yesterday evening), and then set about brekkie. There was a particularly strange thing in this morning's episode of "Stranger Things"... Given that you are having a gun battle with your arch-nemesis (who has made no secret of the fact that he wants to kill you), and given that your arch-nemesis is laying unarmed and defeated at your feet do you either shoot him in the head, or shoot him continually in the bullet-proof vest until your gun is empty, and then act surprised and frustrated when he gets up, kicks you in the knackers, and runs away?
As I watched telly I listened to the bin men bellowing as they moved the bins about, and again twenty minutes later as they collected the bins.
They really can’t be expecting any Christmas tips this year, can they?
 
I set off to work listening to the pundits on the radio talking about yesterday’s by-election in somewhere-or-other up north. Labour have increased their majority by thousands. Everyone being interviewed was banging on about how well the Labour party are doing in the polls. But are they *really* doing well? I can't help but think that they are bimbling along in their usual well-intentioned-but-rather-crap way whilst the Conservatives are doing incredibly badly.
There was a lot of talk from the (football) World Cup from which some of the top tipped teams are now on their way home. Surprisingly (apparently) the Japanese team are doing really well. Those who were being interviewed on the matter made no secret  that this is because of all the European players that are in the Japanese team... but according to Wikipedia there's no Europeans in the team. Don't believe all that the vacuous windbags spout on the radio...
 
I got to work far earlier than I needed to be there and had a rather macrocytic day (!) However there was cake. It was a shame I was late getting out, but there’s hospital work, eh?
I came home and eventually parked quite some distance from home, and walked through the rain to be greeted by some rather excited dogs who couldn’t decide whether to say hello to me or to have a fight amongst themselves. It’s a dog thing…
 
“er indoors TM sorted a rather good bit of dinner which we devoured whilst watching the last episode of the current series of “Taskmaster”. With that watched we can now make a start on the rest of the crap we’ve recorded, to say nothing of all the movies we’ve now got through Sky Cinema and the stuff I’ve added to my Netflix list.
I could do with retiring if only to find time to watch all the telly I’ve stored up…

No comments:

Post a Comment