20 December 2022 (Tuesday) - My Back Hurts

The new mattress is not too shabby at all for getting a good night’s kip. I slept like a log. And (unlike yesterday morning) with no rain the puppies went outside and did that which was expected of them.
With them ensconced firmly on top of “er indoors TM I made toast and watched another episode of “Star Trek: Prodigy” which is rather good, and probably the most Star Trek – like show of al the latest gamut of new versions of Star Trek.
I had a look at the Internet as I had a few minutes spare. It was there, and much the same as ever. No matter what anyone was posting, someone else was trying to argue about it.
There was an interesting email from the nice people who run the local Neighbourhood Watch. Apparently a good scam to get in on is to order something cheap in Amazon and track your parcel. In tracking where the Amazon van is, you can follow it and steal all the parcels from where they get left on the doorsteps. I would never have thought of that one. Also sheds are being ransacked for Chrimbo pressies. And (would you believe it) criminal gangs know that bikes bought for children will be dropped in the gardens at two o’clock on Christmas Day (when dinner is served) and are poised to drive round stealing them whilst people scoff their turkeys.
It’s a sad old world, isn’t it? I honestly believe that if decent people were to catch just one of these criminals, break them, and exhibit their broken body in a stocks in the town centre, the world would suddenly become a better place. We’d only need to break one (as an example).
 
I tried to perch on the edge of the mattress to get dressed, opened the Advent Calendar and then set off to work
It was twelve degrees as I drove this morning. Still dark, but nowhere near as cold as it has been lately. As I drove the pundits on the radio devoted five minutes to the Perseverance rover which is currently trundling round Mars gathering up rocks in the hope that someone is going to fetch the things back to NASA HQ. The expert being interviewed was a tad vague about exactly who was going to carry the rocks across interplanetary space, but seemed confident that someone would.
There was also talk about the nurses strikes in all the country's NHS Trusts today... The BBC were clear that there were strikes in *all* Trusts. There certainly weren't any where I was working today. I wonder how many people were led to believe there were?
 
Before going up to work I stopped off for petrol. the stuff was five pence per litre cheaper in Maidstone than in Ashford. It certainly pays to shop around... provided you've got reason to drive twenty-five miles to get petrol.
 
Work was work… we had an emergency. And with my bit done I eventually made my way home. It took fifteen minutes to get out of the hospital’s car park, and twenty minutes longer than usual to get down the motorway. There was no apparent cause for either delay; what was that all about.
 
My old back pain has been acting up all day… I hope it stops hurting soon…

No comments:

Post a Comment