17 September 2019 (Tuesday) - Rostered Day Off


I didn’t really sleep that well; I spent most of the night fretting about exactly how I was going to obtain copious amounts of piss from a small dog who is renown for only doing a couple of drops of the stuff at a time.

Over brekkie I watched another episode of “Inside No. 9” which was set in a Samaritan’s call centre. I once volunteered to help with the Samaritans; after an initial chat I never heard from them again. Perhaps they didn’t want me? When I’ve mentioned this in the past the phrase “Lemming Tuesday” has been mentioned.
I then sparked up my lap-top to have a look-see at what I’d missed overnight. I was asked to like a local ice-cream van’s Facebook page. Looking at that page I was directed to the Facebook pages of other local ice-cream vans.
That really is a sign of the times, isn’t it?

I had a look at my emails. I smiled. The head honchos at geocaching dot com have given me five Adventure Caches to do with as I will. An Adventure Cache is basically a phone game in which you go to a location and ask a question. Getting the answer right gives you the geo-smiley-face. For those who speak geocaching, an Adventure Cache is effectively a virtual Wherigo. Having now completed my latest Wheri-project this will give me something to do over the next few weeks.

Fudge came downstairs and asked to go outside. I followed him, piss pot in hand. Every time he sprinkled I shoved the pot into the spray. I ended up with a good fifteen (or so) millilitres of dog pee in my pot, but I dread to think how much I got over my hands. As I tried to collect his pee, Fudge looked at me (several times) in absolute amazement. Sometimes it is *very* clear that the antics of humans leaves him completely baffled.

I went down the road to the dentist; I had an appointment with the hygienist. I took a seat and waited. And waited. My appointment time came and went. Just as I was about to ask if they’d forgotten me (again) some woman burst through the door (as if she’d been fired from a cannon, gibbered incomprehensibly and disappeared behind the desk. Ten minutes later this woman appeared in dental costume and made a fair stab at pronouncing my name.
She led me through to one of the dental torture chambers and started gibbering incomprehensibly again. I *think* she was saying something about having missed the train and that this was only her third day in the job, but I could have been wrong. She then spent ten minutes going through all the cupboards in the room before trying to drown me in the dentist’s chair. Usually there is a dental nurse brandishing some suction device. Today I just had this mad woman gushing water all over me. She would drench me for a couple of minutes, then go rummaging in all the cupboards. Twice she left the room for no adequately explored reason; leaving me laid back in the chair.
Perhaps she really is new to the job; I won’t complain just yet.

I then took Fudge’s pee to the vets. There was a minor kerfuffle as they announced that the pee had to be less than two hours old. No one had told me anything about that. They took the pee and said they would have a go. For a hundred and thirty quid I hoped they would have a bloody good go.

I came home, and took the dogs out to Challock. Having finally got the Wherigo project all done, it was time to hide the pots. We had a rather good walk; as we walked we didn’t meet up with anyone at all. As I walked I tested the Wherigo cartridge and it worked fine (again).
We came home and I told the geo-feds that it was all ready to go live.

I had a quick sandwich, then went out with "My Boy TM". He’d heard of a lake not that far from home that was new to us. We drove out for a little look-see. There are two lakes there. One has been recently dug out and looks like it has been recently dug out. But the established lake looks rather pretty. We shall have to have a day fishing there at some stage.

We came home, and I spent the afternoon ironing whilst watching episodes of “The i-Land” on Netflix. It seems to have got better as it has gone along.

"er indoors TM" will be home soon. Bake-Off is on later… I’ve been rather busy on a rostered day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment