16 August 2019 (Friday) - House Guest


Another rather good night. Over a bowl of granola I watched more “Black Mirror”, then sparked up my lap-top to see what I’d missed overnight. I hadn’t missed much really. No one else could find that geocache that I couldn’t find yesterday. Other than that, nothing would seem to have changed.

As I drove to work the pundits on the radio were talking about how many dogs have been rehomed because people don’t realise just how much hard work it is having a dog (!) You can now download a virtual dog and find out for yourself how much time and effort they take.
There was also talk about the British fishing fleet. It would seem that it is no secret that the French fishing fleets intend to carry on fishing in British waters after Brexit. And it is no secret that the British fishermen see this as a good opportunity for a fight. However everyone seems to have overlooked that the largest part of the UK fishing fleet fishes in Norwegian water, and for all that the Norwegians are happy to talk about an access deal, the Prime Minister isn’t.

Pausing only briefly to get petrol I was soon at work where I had a fairly good day; there was cake.

The dogs didn’t get a walk this evening; the rain was too heavy.  It wasn’t long before the doorbell rang and our house guest arrived. Sadie is staying with us for a week. I’m hoping she will settle soon…
Today was very dull until Sadie arrived, and then it became hard work…

No comments:

Post a Comment