1 April 2016 (Friday) - Before the Night Shift

My little dog spent the entire night downstairs on the sofa last night. I wonder what that was all about. Perhaps he was sulking about having been forced to walk through all that mud yesterday? Perhaps he was tired after walking through all that mud yesterday? He came and sat with me as I scoffed my toast, and he was snoring noisily within minutes. Perhpas yesterday *was* a bit too much for him?
With my dog's chin on my left hand I spent a few minutes perusing the geo-map making vague plans for future outings. If I don't plan, nothing will happen...
I've an idea to go on a ghost-hunt round the City of London; I've spotted eleven of them in the area.
I also toyed with the idea of spending a day doing geo-selfies on webcam caches. That's not going to be quite so easy; there are only twelve in the country and I've already done five of them. The closest to home that I could go for is only two hundred and thirty miles away in Leeds. There are another two a little way on from there in Liverpool. Maybe a road trip later in the year?

I popped the lead onto "Furry Face TM" and we went for a little walk. We went round to Newtown to meet "Daddies Little Angel TM" and "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM". They had an appointment in town so we walked into town with them, then came home via the post office. I had a parcel to collect.
I've ranted about Ashford's sorting office before. Today they were just as I have found them to be in the past; surly and un-cooperative. But I got my parcel from them. Eventually.

We came home and I mowed the lawn. Just a cursory haircut but I worked up quite a sweat. As I went for a quick shower I noticed the central heating was still on. Not only had I not changed the clock on the timer when British summertime started last weekend, but the timer was on for too long anyway.
I made some adjustments to the thing. That might save a bob or two in the long run.

Last night I saw that I'd missed something new on the telly. Many years ago I read an Arthur C Clarke book called "Childhood's End". It was rather good; and it had been made in to a TV series. No one told me... However through the wonders of catch-up TV I was able to download the series. I watched the first episode over lunch. It was quite good.

I spent the afternoon asleep. Or as asleep as I could be with Fudge constantly declaring "Red Alert" for no reasons that I could fathom. I gave up trying to sleep shortly after 4pm and watched the second episode of "Childhood's End" instead.
Ironically a certain dog slept through that without making the slightest sound.

I'm off to the night shift now...

No comments:

Post a Comment