5 March 2016 (Saturday) - Greatstone & Audrey II

Last night's night shift was surprisingly busy. I was rather glad to see the releif arriving fifteen minutes earlier than he needed to. I got away promptly and took my car back to the garage to have the parking brake's erroneous warning fixed. Rather than coming home and waiting for their phone call I sat in the garage's waiting room reading my Kindle and drinking their (rather good) coffee until the job was done.
It was surprisingly peaceful. I might go and sit there again.

It took less than an hour for the garage people to sort my car, and I came home for a spot of brekkie. Over brekkie "er indoors TM" told me about Pug Fest 2016. Apparently in the same way that there are music festivals and geocaching festivals and beer festivals and kite festivals there are also pug festivals. Presumably they are to do with pugs?! One simply turns up with a pug and just soaks up the ambience?
The 2016 one is in Essex and "Daddies Little Angel TM" is telling the world that her daddy is going to take her and Sid.
I've pencilled it into the diary, and I'll wait to be officially told.
I fiddled about working on my current wheri-project until "er indoors TM" was ready. We then took "Furry Face TM" for a little walk. Being a geo-calendar day for both of us we drove down to Dungeness where we wandered about the dunes. We hunted out three elusive sandwich boxes whilst walking the pup. "er indoors TM" photographed my bum and posted the photo to "Crackwatch".
After an hour we were back at the car. We drove on a little to the chip shop and had sausage and chips in the car looking out to sea. And then the rain started. We had planned to then wander round Greatstone for a bit, but walking in the rain is more of a chore than an enjoyment so we came home. I slept all the way.

Once home I uploaded the photos I'd taken on our walk, and then did the geo-admin for the sandwich boxes I'd found. I was seriously wilting so I took myself off to bed.
I woke a couple of hours later feeling like death warmed up so wasted an hour mooching on Facebook doing seeing and learning absolutely nothing at all until "er indoors TM" served up a cup of coffee and a hot cross bun.
That perked me up no end.

"er indoors TM" set off to the Saturday night film night; I was still feeling a little tired so I settled down in front of the telly with my dog and watched "Little Shop of Horrors".
I do like that film...

No comments:

Post a Comment