25 March 2016 (Friday) - A Wedding

A cold night; "er indoors TM" seemed to have acquired most of the duvet, and the weight of "Furry Face TM" (who had plonked himself in between us) took up what little slack was left. The two of them seemed reluctant to part with any duvet, and so I shivered until "Furry Face TM" decided to go to his basket (of his own accord) shortly before 5am.
What little sleep I did get was plagued by nightmares in which I had been drafted back into the Scout Association (against my will) to quell a mutiny.

Over brekkie I spent a little while looking at the geo-map to plan out some walks over the next few months. There are still quite a few long (ish) geo-walks to be done, but fewer and fewer within an hour's drive of home.
As I pootled "er indoors TM" got up and went off to move her car. The moment she left the house my dog started crying. He was practically sobbing, and he went ballistic on her return (less than two minutes later).

I took my dog round the park. As we walked we saw a rather attractive young mother in skin-tight lycra jogging alongside her small child (who was on her bike). However the effect was somewhat marred by her constantly gasping for air which was only interrupted by various swear words.
It comes to something when you can’t keep up with your three year old’s bike.
We also found that despite it being a Bank Holiday the dustmen had been. And left emptied bins strewn in their wake. Whilst the pavement was passable, it took some navigation to get round the bins.
Once home we had a message. "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM" had earache. I drove round to collect him and drove him up to the hospital. He had a little fight with the nice doctor, and the doctor prescribed antibiotics.
So we went to Tesco to their pharmacy to get his medicine. Littlun wreaked havoc with the medicines on the shelf whilst we scoffed the hot cross bun samples that were on offer. The nice lady on the hot cross bun stall made no secret that the quicker they got eaten the quicker she could go home, so we ate loads.

I came back home again to find that "Furry Face TM" had cornered a slow worm in the garden. I rescued the slow worm, did the monthly accounts (and wished I hadn't) then polished my shoes and set off for Hastings.

Kev got married today. I can't remember the first time I met Kev; but we were in the Boys Brigade and at school together. He was a year below me, so I would have met him for the first time some time in 1976. Apart from family I don't think there is anyone else with whom I am still in regular contact who I've known longer.
And at the wedding we caught up with Neil. I've not known him for quite so long; only thirty eight years. It wqas a really good day. I was so glad to have been a part of it.

I took a few photos. Like me they got blurrier as the day went on...

No comments:

Post a Comment