18 Noveember 2013 (Monday) - Bit Dull Really...

My little dog was very subdued yesterday evening, and he was quieter than usual this morning. I do hope he's not sickening for something. Personally I think (hope) this is all because he's worn out from his exertions yesterday and from drinking sea water.
Over brekkie I watched another episode of "Earth 2" which seems to have forgotten all continuity with previous episodes, and then I set off to work. There was an embarrassing ten minutes whilst I walked the local streets trying to find where I'd parked my car. Having been all over the neighbourhood I eventually found it a few yards up the road from home. Woops!

As I drove the pundits on the radio were talking about the upcoming fiftieth anniversary of Doctor Who.
There was a ten minute article about the show which featured various people from behind-the-scenes of the show, and at the end of ten minutes I realised that not one of them had actually said anything. I quite liked the recent short show featuring Paul McGann as the eighth doctor, but from what clips I have seen, my hopes aren't high for Saturday's threatened extravaganza.

There was a rather saddening article on the news about moves to lower the age of consent. There are all sorts of reasons for which the age of consent should be raised or lowered. All manner of so-called "experts" were invited to voice an opinion. The whole sorry subject descended into an argument about how young a person has to be before society feels they are too young for a celebrity to have sex with them; nothing else about the matter seemed to be worthy of mention.

I stopped off at Morrisons for the makings of lunch. And I finally realised something I should have realised years ago. Apples cost three times the price of bananas. Apples are grown in Kent; bananas are shipped half way round the world. What's that all about?

And so to work. I did my bit, and came home again. As I watched "South Park" "Furry Face TM" chomped on his bone. He seems to have rallied since this morning, Which was a releif...

No comments:

Post a Comment