29 April 2012 (Sunday) - Fleabag Monkeyface

With my beloved out for most of the day hawking candles to an unsuspecting public I was expecting to be at a loose end today. The original plan was to go fossilling in Folkestone, but due to non-stop rain it had been decided to call the fossilling off.
Fortunately for me the first fruit of my loin took pity on me and took me under his wing. We set off in the Dan-mobile. First of all for fuel, then to the market for a mooch. Ongoing rain meant that the market had probably only a tenth of the stalls it would usually have. Which was a shame as I was hoping to look for cheap trousers. And then we went round to Argos for a curtain pole. We didn't have to wait that long for Argos to actually open up. And once equipped with the pole we went to the Fudgery where Cheryl boiled up some bacon baguettes (very tasty!) and we attached the curtain pole to the wall. There was a dodgy five minutes when we felt we needed a hacksaw, but the urge soon passed.
There was another dodgy five minutes when I found a nasty lump on Fudge's head. I was quite worried; but it transpired that the lump was actually dried gravy. And suitably relieved we adjourned upstairs where we failed to sort out the television aerial and we made slight adjustments to the laminate flooring. And having made slight adjustments to the laminate flooring we started again and did it properly.

Pausing only briefly to watch episodes of "Fleabag Monkeyface" and "Dave the Little Princess" on the telly we looked out of the window. Having cancelled fossilling because of the rain, the rain had stopped and the sun had come out. So for want of anything better to do, we drove up to Sheerness to have a look at the garden ornaments in Whelan's. Now he has a garden of his own, the first fruit of my loin is keen to do something with it. He started on a small scale with a couple of lions; but there is talk of going back with my car (with it's larger boot space) in a week or so.

Back to the Fudgery where we unloaded the ornaments and met up with my beloved who had finished touting candles. And after coffee we came home; scoffed, and collected the catalogues I'd touted out last Wednesday. A reasonable return of catalogues this time. As for orders - I haven't looked yet.

And as "er indoors TM" set off bowling I carried on with my preparation for Tuesday's interview. Here's hoping...

No comments:

Post a Comment