13 January 2013 (Sunday) - A Birthday Party

Over brekkie we watched "Celebrity Come Dine With Me". I say "Celebrity" - I had no idea who any of the so-called celebrities were supposed to be. I spent a little time playing with my new toy: an early birthday pressie, Jose got me an Android tablet. I'm struggling with it. Trying to get some apps on the thing is tricky. It alternatively thinks it's my Samsung phone or an iPad. I expect I'll get the hang of it eventually.

Whilst "er indoors TM" abluted I took Furry Face for a walk. The entire street was awash with sheets of newspaper, with pages scattered everywhere. Yesterday was the scout group's paper collection. They clearly didn't collect as much as they might have done. Whilst out we met so many small people being physically dragged about by huge dogs they couldn't control. One even hollered to us from fifty yards away asking us to go the other way so his dog wouldn't drag him after us. Why do people have dogs that they cannot control? I know Fudge can have his moments, but if it did come to a fight, I would win. Today's people wouldn't.

And so round to collect "My Boy TM" and his entourage. He wasn't quite himself having had a disturbed night's sleep. He'd apparently had a nightmare in which I was had off of a gremlin(!) He'd also had the disturbing news that one of his old muckers was consorting with a lady who was best described as "half man half hippopotamus". I think he was glad of an afternoon out to take his mind off of the stress.
We then made our way to Hastings for a birthday party for my nephew. Tom had a good party, everyone had a good time; there was quite a decent spread, and having eaten far too much we then played musical statues - gangam style. This was apparently good fun if you like that sort of thing.

It would have been good to have stayed longer, but little ones were getting tired. So pausing only briefly to admire the patriotic flag planted in a local dog turd we made our way home. As we drove we were asked if we fancied Sunday roast. A gammon joint and all the trimmings sounded rather good, so once at the residence of "first fruit" we stayed for dinner. As dinner was being cooked I made dinosaurs with Lacey. The super-glue did get everywhere, but that's what super-glue does.
And then diner. Gammon, potatoes, leeks, pease pudding. And the gravy! However we'd already eaten far too much at the afternoon's buffet. Having a roast dinner on top was perhaps rather greedy of me. But it was good.

I would like to have slobbed about after dinner, but "er indoors TM" had to go bowling. So we came home where I sat with Fudge in front of the telly for the evening.
Fudge was soon snoring rather loudly...

No comments:

Post a Comment