3 August 2016 (Wednesday) - Before the Night Shift



Another good night’s sleep. I was sure I heard my dog bark twice in the night, but it is unlike him to do single or double barks. Normally he has a woofing fit. Perhaps one of us was dreaming.
After a quick bit of brekkie I took my dog for a walk. "Daddy’s Little Angel TM" and "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM" were at brat brigade today so me and my dog walked alone. We met one or two other dogs as we went through the park. We saw OrangeHead and her chunky little friend in the distance but managed to avoid them.

The plan for the morning had been to do some gardening, but heavy rain meant that everywhere was soaked. So I contented myself with gathering up dog turds and draining the rain water out of the bucket of brindle chippings I’d inadvertently left to fill up with rain water.

With little else to do for the morning I had a look-see on-line. Yesterday I’d given the power company some meter readings. Today they emailed to say that my accounts were in credit with them. A few months ago they estimated that I would use far more leccie and gas than I have been doing and so *reduced* the monthly direct debits. Maybe they might want to reduce them some more?
I then did some more geo-admin for the geo-day I’m organizing in a couple of weeks’ time, and had a look at the geo-map vaguely wondering about a short walk on Sunday. If anyone is at a loose end on Sunday…

With the weather still less than ideal I caught up with watching some stuff the SkyPlus box had recorded for me. “The Last Ship” and “Dark Matter” passed a little time, then I spent the afternoon in bed.
I burned a pizza for my tea, and I’m off to the night shift now…

No comments:

Post a Comment