28 May 2020 (Thursday) - 5G Bio Shield (!)


I slept for a good eight hours last night – not surprising really. Night shifts do that to most people. I scoffed a bowl of granola whilst watching an episode of “Schitts Creek” then sparked up the internet.
A row was kicking off on the work-related Facebook page. The Prime Minister is blaming NHS laboratories for delays in testing for corona virus. His criticism is unfounded, the NHS laboratories are providing results within hours. But historically the medical laboratory has always been someone to blame. Consider a visit the GP for example. They will take a blood sample and tell you to come back for the result in a month. The result will be available the next day but they say to come back in a month because they don’t have any earlier appointments. But the implication is clearly made that the delay is because of the laboratory. The Prime Minister is doing the same over corona virus testing…
As Oliver Hardy one remarked “twas ever thus”.
I checked my emails. The Bricklink site (it’s a Lego thing) I found for those last two base plates had sent me their invoice. LinkedIn had suggested that I chum up with someone with whom I had absolutely nothing at all in common.
I quickly Munzee-ed from the sofa (capturing a leprechaun and a banshee as one does) then got myself ready for work.

I set off to work on a bright morning up a rather busy motorway. As I drove the pundits on the radio were talking rubbish as they usually do. I didn't really take much notice of what they were saying; it was mostly blah blah blah; pretty much repeating the same old stuff. We are in a pandemic the likes of which we've not seen for a century. What does the future hold? No one knows, but everyone speculates.
Mind you the "Thought for the Day" bit was laughable. Some Rabbi was banging on about how people are looking out for each other during the pandemic, and because some people are being nice to each other, this proves that his God exists. The reasoning went along the lines of God had said for people to be nice to each other - people are being nice to each other - people are being nice to each other because God said so - therefore God exists. Usually the Rabbis on the "Thought for the Day" don't talk such utter claptrap. Personally I prefer to think that people are being nice to each other because it is the decent thing to do, rather than for fear of being zapped by a thunderbolt.

As we did our bit at work we had a chuckle. Someone somewhere is taking advantage of the gullible. There is a growing concern (amongst those who don't actually know anything about it) about how dangerous 5G technology is (even though it isn't). Some chap has been selling anti-5G devices which will protect you from their supposedly insidious emissions. An electronics engineer took one of these things apart and found that it is no more than a five-quid USB memory stick with a blue sticker on it.
Mind you all the time people are paying over three hundred quid for rubbish, other people are going to sell them rubbish (for over three hundred quid). If any of my loyal readers would like to get themselves s a 5GBioShield I can supply them at a bargain mates-rates price of only two hundred and fifty quid – and I’ll throw in a free tin-foil helmet too.

I got home and found "er indoors TM" bathing Treacle and Pogo who had both stomped in stagnant mud on their walk, and we then joined in the weekly geo-Zoom meeting in which I could hardly hear a word that was said.
I wonder what’s for dinner…

No comments:

Post a Comment