27 May 2020 (Wednesday) - After the Night Shift


As I was walking out of work this morning my phone beeped. Over forty new geocaches had gone live including a rather large series of the things not five miles from where I was. I looked on the map to find one which I could get to in the car and do as a drive-by, and I thought I might try for a First to Find. Less than half an hour after my phone beeped I was driving home having done the Happy Dance for my first FTF for some time.

As I drove home the pundits on the radio were talking about how Twitter is cleaning up its act. Facing quite a lot of criticism for their website being used to peddle lies and inaccuracies, they’ve taken the bull by the horns and labelled the tweets of their biggest problem-client as “unsubstantiated” and “false”. Needless to say, Donald Trump is furious about having his output described this way, but surely there is something wrong with the world when the President of the United States really is making “unsubstantiated” and “false” tweets.
There was also talk of how today NASA is sending two astronauts up to the International Space Station having paid a private company to take them there. I can’t see why NASA can’t spend the money building the rocket themselves rather than paying Elon Musk to do so and allowing him to make a profit on top. But them I’ve never really understood capitalism… Well… let me clarify that. I understand it all too well. I’m just not sure that I agree with it.

I got home, and together with "er indoors TM" took the dogs to Orlestone Woods. It wasn’t as busy as yesterday, but we did have an “episode”. I’m not saying Pogo is completely blameless, but he doesn’t like other dogs on leads. And the idiot taking his pampered princess round the woods on a lead (who does that? – really?) just fuelled the flames by picking the dog up and waving it round like a toy.
But other than that, the walk went well. Fudge kept up far better for "er indoors TM" than he ever does for me.

I made myself some toast and had a look at the Internet. It was much the same as ever it was. I captured a polar bear in the Skyland (as one does) and went off to bed where I slept for a lot longer than I usually do on a hot day after a night shift.
Feeling rather tired I went up to the attic room and unpacked those new base plates. I spent a little while fiddling about. After an hour or so I made a short video of my Lego world. You can see it by clicking here.
There is still a lot to do in Lego world - I need to:

·         Make platform 2 smaller to install a car park
·         Do more with the park (where the fun-run is happening)
·         Extend the pond
·         Change the train’s couplings (magnets aren’t strong enough)
·         Put passengers into the train and bus
·         Swap out the two light grey plates (that’ll cost over £30!)
·         Get Lego Treacle, Pogo and Rolo (on order)
·         Find some panoramic backdrop

"er indoors TM" boiled up a very good bit of dinner which we scoffed whilst watching the last episode of “Celebrity SAS: Who Dares Wins”.
I’m told that the ISS and the Space X will be visible from the back garden in a bit. I might go have a look, or I might just go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment