20 March 2017 (Monday) - Conspiracies



Having wasted most of yesterday evening zoning in and out of consciousness I spent much of the night wide awake cursing a restless puppy. Eventually I dumped the small dog on "er indoors TM" and she immediately curled up and went to sleep.
Over brekkie I watched the last episode of SS-GB. It was a good show… I say “good” – the premise was excellent and the show started well, but it all rather fizzled out in the last couple of episodes. I then sparked up my lap-top to have a look-see on Facebook. Not much had happened overnight, and neither were there any emails of note.
As I fiddled about Fudge sat with me. He’d struggled out of his basket and hobbled to the garden for his tiddle. But he made a great show of climbing back in through the back door afterwards. For all that he likes his long weekend walks, they do tire him.

As I drove to work the pundits on the radio were expounding all sorts of conspiracy theories. There is a rumour that the Labour party is about to be hijacked by the Momentum movement working in cahoots with the Trade Union Unite. And across the pond all sorts of people (including President Trump) are spouting all sorts of nonsense about bugging and electoral jerrymandering. There might be something in these theories, there might not. Who knows? But these two conspiracies filled the journey from Ashford to Maidstone.

I stopped off at Aldi to get more granola bars. I’ve taken to having them at lunch time. When I was at Canterbury I used to have an apple and a banana with my sandwich and I was hungry all afternoon. Now I have an Aldi granola bar and I’m not (as) hungry.

I got to work for what is my ninth week at Maidstone hospital. So far I’ve not found myself clockwatching once. Today was a good day; the time flew by, and soon it was home time.
"er indoors TM" was in something of a quandary about what to boil up for tea. She suggested KFC; I was happy with that idea. KFC went down very well. I was feeling rather light headed before tea; I feel a lot better now. I’ve known for years that late-onset diabetes runs in the family. I wonder if it is slowly coming on… ?

No comments:

Post a Comment