14 March 2017 (Tuesday) - We Like Cheese

Yesterday evening after I’d watched my fill of telly I wrote up a little CPD. As I did so the puppy jumped up onto the sofa with me, climbed all over me and made herself comfortable sitting across my shoulders behind my head. I should have moved her, but I didn’t. I ended up with a neck ache that was still with me when I got up this morning.
I came down to find Fudge by the back door. He was anxious to get out. I thought he needed a tiddle; he didn’t. He just wanted to run round the garden barking like a thing possessed at 5.30am. I wish he wouldn’t do that. I suspect so does most of the neighbourhood.
I set the washing machine loose on a pile of sheets and over brekkie I watched an episode of “You Rang M’Lord” in which the bishop was running a ball in aid of his distressed gentlewomen. He seems to have trouble with his distressed gentlewomen

I sparked up my laptop and had a look into cyberspace. I had an invite to a wedding reception from an old colleague. That could be a good chance to meet up with some old friends. A couple of friends had a birthday today, and with very little else of note on-line I hung the washed sheets onto the washing line and set off to work.

It was rather foggy as I drove. As usual I had the radio on. Today they were interviewing a chap who once worked for the prison service until he got caught smuggling mobile phones into the prisons for the prisoners. The fellow said he was being paid five hundred pounds for each phone he smuggled in. Being on little more than minimum wage  this was quite a nice little earner. During the course of the interview it was mentioned that the official estimate of mobile phones illegally in the hands of prisoners was about twenty thousand.
Surely in this day and age it should be possible to identify the phones transmitting from prisons and have the service providers deactivate them. Or pay staff so’s that they aren’t so open to bribery and corruption.

I got to work and had a rather good day. I’m now on my eighth week at Maidstone, and today I realised that I’ve never once found myself clockwatching or finding the time dragging. I’m sure it will happen eventually, but for now all is good.

Once home we walked the dogs round the block, and in a break with tradition we didn’t have a Tuesday meeting; the laundry hadn’t been put away in Folkestone. Instead "er indoors TM" boiled up a rather good bit of scoff. We devoured curry whilst watching “Emerald City” and an old episode of “Bake Off”. I thought I might round off dinner with some cheese. I had to share the cheese with my furry associates…


No comments:

Post a Comment