15 March 2017 (Wednesday) - A Day Off... ?

I had a very late night last night, and slept through till after 7am this morning. Not a bad lie-in. I had no reason to be up early; today was a day off work. I didn’t especially want today off, but bearing in mind “use-it-or-lose-it” (by the end of the month) I thought I’d use it, and the boss said today would suit the workplace for me to have a day off.
I got up, and set the washing machine loose on the laundry before settling to brekkie.

Checking my emails I saw I had a minor whinge about one of my geocaches. I’d set a series of caches for the New Year’s Walk (2016) and they still get done from time to time. One of them is a puzzle which ideally you’d solve before going on the walk. Many cache series have this. But one chap clearly hadn’t done his homework, did the walk first and then discovered the puzzle. And then had a minor grumble that he had to go back the next day and walk a kilometre to go find the puzzle cache and a kilometre back to his car. Had he done his preparation he would have realised he was walking straight past the thing when he walked the route the first time. I considered (politely) telling him the error of his ways but I thought better of it.
"er indoors TM" then told me my car had a dent in the passenger side door. I wonder how long that has been there.

I hung the washing out, set another lot scrubbing and took the dogs round the park. As we walked we scared several Nepalese people. At the risk of stereotyping an entire nation, pretty much every Nepalese person I meet over the age of twenty (and there’s a *lot* in Ashford) seems to be terrified of dogs. We also met OrangeHead in the co-op field. She was on her own, and (as she is when not surrounded by her gang of cronies) she was polite and civil.
Once home I got a bucket of water and washed the bird poo off of my car. I really should stop parking under the tree in the works car park. I hung out the second load of washing, put a third lot on to scrub, and drove into town.

I went to the bank to get some Euros. One Euro is currently worth eighty-seven pence. I wanted one hundred Euros; the bank charged me ninety quid. Now I have a degree in maths… the bank is on to a nice little fiddle here.
I then went round to the mother and toddler group. "Daddy’s Little Angel TM" has taken to volunteering to be a leader at the group whilst Sam supervises "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM". When I walked in I was hit by a sea of noise and it was mayhem as toddlers all ran riot. "Daddy’s Little Angel TM" was organising the tea and coffee for the mothers (and three fathers) and seemed to be really involved and enjoying it. I had two coffees with them before the car park ticket ran out. I had to leave just as the singing was starting. I would like to have stayed. It seemed to be great fun.

I drove round to Matalan and got some sexy shirts, then came home. I put out the last of the washing and had a spot of lunch whilst watching the third episode of “Mutiny”. Our sailors are about to get shipwrecked on the Great Barrier Reef.
With lunch scoffed I gave the lawn its first mowing of the year. I mowed, strimmed the edges, and mowed again. And then I had a go at clearing the stuff hanging over the fence from next door. Over the years there has always been all sorts of jungle hanging over the fence as our nutty neighbour insists that having a fence covered in jungle keeps burglars out. However he seems to have disappeared. I’ve not seen him for months, and at the weekend his wife (who totally blanks me whenever I see her) cut back most of the climbers and ivy and roses hanging over the fence. She only left that which she couldn’t reach, so I spent an hour or so trimming that away.
Our brown garden waste bin is now completely full. I wonder when the council come to collect that.

No day’s holiday is complete without a major spell of ironing, and today was no exception. Having generated a ton of clean laundry I set about ironing it whilst watching drivel on the telly for a couple of hours.
I seem to do that a lot. (Iron and watch drivel on the telly)

"er indoors TM" came home and we drove to Tenterden. We met father-in-law at The Vine and had a rather good meal. Not all of the liver got eaten; it came home for two dogs to scoff…

No comments:

Post a Comment