9 February 2017 (Thursday) - Stuff



I slept like a log until 4am when the puppy started walking all over me. That little dog really needs to start spending the night in her own bed. I tried to get back to sleep, but the puppy wouldn’t settle, so I gave up and got up. I had a quick look out of the window; the forecast frost hadn’t happened, which was something of a result.

As I scoffed brekkie I watched the last episode of “The Darling Buds of May”; did you know they only made twenty episodes of the show? I’m now at something of a loose end for what to watch in the mornings before work. Being something of an early bird I need something to keep me out of mischief for the best part of an hour each morning. As it looks like I shan’t be doing nights and odd hours for a few months, I need to find something with more than a few episodes to keep me occupied in the early mornings.
I’m thinking about going through “Battlestar Galactica” again, or possibly “You Rang M’Lord

I set off to work, and as I drove my piss boiled as I listened to the radio. The news alternated between how hospitals are continually missing various targets and how things are getting worse in the NHS, and talk about Brexit.
Have you been to a hospital recently? Hospitals are places where the average Brit is either unqualified to work or unwilling to work. Consequently they are staffed by non-UK nationals; many of whom are feeling more and more uncomfortable with the aura of xenophobia which has swept the nation since the Brexit vote. Many have already gone home.
Sooner or later someone is going to make the connection…

I got to work and tried parking in a slightly different place to where I have been parking. I rather thought I’d been parking at the wrong end of the car park and having discovered a new back door to the hospital, this evening I got away five minutes earlier than I have been doing so.

I got home just as "er indoors TM" was taking the puppy to puppy class (the vets run a free puppy class) and so this evening’s dog walk was just me and "Furry Face TM". I quite liked it just being me and my dog this evening.
As we walked I kept looking at the sky. Some of the astro club were supposed to be running a stargazing event for the sixth form of a local school. There was no way I could have got there in time, and in retrospect I’m glad I didn’t go. The idiot teacher organising the event didn’t actually tell any of his students about it until this morning, and it turned out that all the students had gone to some other sixth form event which *had* been publicised…

No comments:

Post a Comment