26 February 2017 (Sunday) - Eastbourne

I was rather late crawling out of my pit this morning; I ached from the fencing work yesterday. Dog breakfast was entertaining; the puppy has decided that the biscuit bowl is now a toy. She now drags the bowl around the living room and has taken to chewing lumps out of it.
Just as I sat to scoff my toast we got the news that Jose had a hangover. I smiled. Despite the copious quantities I consumed last night my head was rather clear. Mind you I had enough pain from the aching.

I checked the Internet as I had brekkie. Ongoing Facebook squabbles seemed to have quietened down overnight. I’m getting rather sick of Facebook squabbles; they *always* take the same format. One protagonist has a grievance about something another has done. However rather than saying “I am unhappy because…”, they say “I hate you” and the whole thing descends into bitter nastiness. The original problem remains unresolved on one side and a mystery to the other. I’m getting a little fed up with the squabbling.
However on a more positive note, emails told me of a new geo-series in the general vicinity of Sevenoaks. That may well be a plan for next Sunday; I spent a few minutes solving geo-puzzles in the area (just in case).

With a few minutes to spare I did the monthly accounts. There is no denying that not having done any night or weekend shifts (with enhanced payments) for a while has left me short. And an MOT and a broken fence have also made a dent in the finances. But I expect I will survive; after all what is money for if not to squander foolishly?

We set off for Hastings where we collected mother-in law, and then drove on to Eastbourne to meet sister-in-law. There was a minor hiatus whilst we cleared up puppy vomit (Treacle gets travel-sick), but we were soon back on schedule. Whilst everyone else pored over the paperwork from the solicitors following father-in-law’s death I took the dogs for a walk through Princes Park and along the sea front. I managed to find three geocaches (can you believe it?) The walk was only marred by "Furry Face TM" attempting to hump a passing pug.
Our walk didn’t take long, solicitor’s paperwork took a little longer, but we were soon on the way home. It would have been good to have spent longer with family, but Eastbourne isn’t the easiest of places to get to.
We came home via my mum’s house. Following a trip to Guy’s hospital a couple of days ago she’s been booked in to have half a lung taken out in four days time. Mind you she seemed rather chirpy bearing in mind she’s not well.

We came home; for all that the dogs hadn’t had a major walk they both were soon fast asleep. I then had a look at the geo-map around Guy’s hospital. The visiting hours there are frankly ludicrous. They chuck visitors out for two and a half hours over lunch time, so I thought I might try to plan a little geo-wander to pass the time whilst she has her dinner.

"er indoors TM" then boiled up a rather good bit of dinner. As we scoffed it we watched the last episode of “Taboo”. Now that I’ve seen the lot I can confidently wonder what was that all about?

No comments:

Post a Comment