6 February 2017 (Monday) - Daleks

I had something of a restless night last night. I blame the dogs. I was awake a little while before the alarm, and over brekkie I watched the Darling Buds of May doing what Darling Buds of May do. Charlie got more than he was bargaining for from Primrose’s teacher and Mariette wasn’t happy.
I had a quick look-see on the Internet. Amazon suggested a few random e-books, but other than that there wasn’t a lot of note in my in-box. Facebook however had invited me to join the Bala Sailing Club. Based in North Wales, it would take me six hours and three hundred miles to get there. It looks like the Bala Sailing Club have paid to have themselves advertised. I would suggest they’ve not got to their target audience.
I also saw a friend had posted some complete rubbish about how the pension of a UK war hero is only six thousand pounds per year whilst illegal immigrants get thirty thousand pounds. "Daddy’s Little Angel TM" posted a link showing that this was all lies, but it was too late. Sixteen other people had already shared the post. It amazes me how people take such lies at face value and spread them with no regard to the truth.

I set off to work; as I drove the talk on the radio was all about how President Trump’s latest scheme had been kiboshed by the American judges. Whether his scheme is good or bad is immaterial; what bothers me is that he communicates his contempt for the judiciary to the world via Twitter. I believe David Cameron also tweeted when he was Prime Minister? I can’t help but feel this somewhat lacks dignity.

I got to work and retrieved the geocache I put out last week, then had a rather busy day. I’m now on the third week, and…. I’m quite enjoying it, but there’s a *lot* of differences between what I’m doing and what I used to do. On reflection I probably made the right decision in moving, but there is no denying that retirement can’t come quickly enough.

I was twenty minutes late getting out this evening, but being twenty minutes late getting out gave me a clear run from work to the motorway, and I was home at 6.30pm.
So far it seems to make no difference what time I leave work in the evenings; I always seem to get home at 6.30pm.

"er indoors TM" boiled up a rather good bit of scoff, then she went bowling leaving me with the puppy. My dog is no trouble; the puppy is a tad demanding. As she ran riot I watched a Doctor Who DVD. Starring William Hartnell, “The Dalek Invasion of Earth” is a classic. In order to fake a deserted London, many of the scenes were filmed in the very early hours of the morning when there weren’t many people about. But if you look very closely you can see the odd pedestrian going here and there. After a while I found myself looking for the people who weren’t supposed to be on screen rather than watching the actual program.
And then I realised that one of the heroes was a very young Mr Rumbold from “Are You Being Served”…

No comments:

Post a Comment