14 February 2017 (Tuesday) - Lemony Snickett

Not a bad night’s sleep really. The banishment of the puppy from under the covers continues. So rather than rummaging about under the covers she does spend an inordinate amount of time marching about all over me. But she’s still a baby really.
Over brekkie I watched a very old episode of “Dad’s Army”, and when it finished I found the telly was tuned to Off the Hook: Extreme Catches. It was a disappointment; supposedly a fishing show, the wrestler who presented the show gave up with rod and line and dived into the water to wrestle with a catfish. For no reason I could fathom he enlisted the help of two bikini-clad bimbos to wrestle with the catfish too. He then went in search of sea urchins; apparently each sea urchin has five gonads, and you eat them raw.
Yuk!

I had a quick look-see on the Internet; I had an email telling me that Russian women are still hot for me. I would post the link they sent, but puritanical values and a desire not to spread viruses made me decide otherwise. Over on Facebook I had another friend request from some woman I don’t know (who wasn’t wearing much).
I did have a wry smile at some of the Facebook groups I follow. There is to be a new Star Trek series; reading what is being posted on the Internet it would seem that most so-called Star Trek fans have decided against the show before it has even been made. Why do people do this?

I wrote out a hand-made thank you card for the chap who’d given the telescope to the astro club, and set off to deliver it on the way to work. I’d thought about posting it but by the time I’d farted about getting a stamp and finding a post box it was quicker and easier to deliver the thing myself.
Narrowly avoiding being run off the road by a French Norbert Dentressangle lorry I made my way to work. As I drove the pundits on the radio were talking about how Rolls Royce are losing money hand over fist. The general consensus was that if they stuck to engineering all would be fine; their losses were all to do with currency deals. Personally I think there is something morally wrong where you sell pounds to buy euros, sell those euros to buy dollars, sell those dollars to buy yen, sell those yen to by zlotys, and when you sell those zlotys to buy pounds you end up with more money than you started. But enough other people seem to make a living doing it with no moral qualms.

Work was busy; again the roads to work were empty and the roads home were incredibly busy. I got home just as "er indoors TM" was taking the dogs out. Perhaps I should have gone with them. I didn’t; I had a little doze. I was feeling rather done in.

Being Tuesday the clans gathered; tonight in Somerset Road. Matt provided loads of sweeties, and we randomly watched the first episode of “A Series of Unfortunate Events”. It was a rather good evening; and then we got the news that my father-in-law had died…


No comments:

Post a Comment