10 February 2017 (Friday) - The Wizard of Oz?



Finally I had a rather good night’s sleep. I don’t think the puppy bothered me at all, and I woke a few minutes before the alarm to find I was cuddling my dog as though he were a teddy bear.
Over brekkie I watched a couple of episodes of “Chewing Gum”. I hadn’t been that impressed with this second series, but now it seems to have picked up somewhat.

I then had a little look on Facebook. Trivia and squabbles abounded in equal measure. And in my email in-box was the offer of ten quid’s worth of Gala bingo. I declined the offer, and set off to work.

As I drove the pundits on the radio were interviewing the boss of some plumbing firm. One of his contractors was suing the firm because he seemed to want all the advantage of being self-employed as well as all the perks of being an employee. I couldn’t quite understand the ins and outs of the case, but when it was mentioned that the chap in question was earning eighty thousand pounds per year I realised how this chap could afford to take his boss to court. Courts are beyond the pockets of the average worker.

I made good time to Maidstone, and thought I might save time in the evening by getting petrol in the morning. I wonder why I didn’t think of that last week. It is much easier navigating a petrol station in daylight than in the dark.
I got to work, and had a rather good day. And I got my name badge too.

Having made good time to work in the morning I made good time home, and was soon walking the dogs round the road. Yesterday I only had to walk Fudge; I had both of them today. It is certainly easier walking just one. As we came home so the snow started.

"er indoors TM" eventually came home; she’d been visiting "Daddy’s Little Angel TM" and "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM", but she brought home fish and chips. We scoffed it whilst watching the first episode of “Emerald City”; a twenty-first century re-make of “The Wizard of Oz”.
It was rather good, but I don’t think Dorothy had to be *quite* so “chesty”…

No comments:

Post a Comment