8 February 2017 (Wednesday) - Bit Dull

I had a little fiddle about with my phone last night and discovered I can set the thing to automatically keep quiet between certain times. I can’t stop it getting notifications from the Internet all night long (despite its Internet connection being turned off) but I can tell it not to tell me. I *think* it mutes the ringtone as well, so if anyone phones me in the small hours it won’t go off, but being phoned in the small hours hopefully wouldn’t happen anyway.
But for all the phone was silent last night, the puppy was incredible restless and so either way I didn’t really sleep. "Furry Face TM" had the right idea; he spent the night downstairs in his basket. Over brekkie he sat with me as we watched the Christmas episode of “Darling Buds of May” in which our heroes harboured an escaped convict.

I then had a little look-see on-line. I had several emails: the Oriental bank of Commerce (who?) were trying to scam me, Match dot com wondered if I was “up for it”, and some cheeky bunch were offering a free hearing test. Nothing much had happened on Facebook, so I set off to work.

It was a cold morning, and narrowly missing being rammed by a taxi I was soon on the motorway to Maidstone. As I drove the punters on the radio were talking about Parliament’s discussions about the Brexit deal. Basically Parliament want the power to veto any deal the Prime Minister makes, but given that Parliament doesn’t like what the Prime Minister comes up with, exercising their veto would just give the nation an even crappier deal.
Didn’t *anyone* think this out before the referendum?

I stopped off at Aldi before work to get some scoff; whilst there it struck me that I might hide a geocache there. So once at work I used the wi-fi to look at the geo-map to see if it might be possible. It tuned out I’d parked within yards of a cache. I shall have to go look for it.

I did my bit at work, and came home to walk the dogs round the roads. With "er indoors TM" off bowling I was home alone with the dogs. Fudge was no trouble, but the baby was somewhat troublesome. One minute she would be calm and placid, the next she would be nipping and biting. I wish she’d stop doing that…

Today was another rather dull day…



No comments:

Post a Comment