6 December 2016 (Tuesday) - Boiler Service

"er indoors TM" refereed the dogs’ breakfast this morning. "Furry Face TM" has never really been a greedy dog where as "Furry Shark TM" seems to be rather more rapacious. And bearing in mind one dog has “adult dog” food and one has “puppy food” it is a shame that both would rather eat the others. Or to be more precise my dog would rather have two bites of the puppy food and leave all of the rest and all of his food to the baby whilst hoping for dog treats for himself.
"Furry Shark TM" devoured all that she could, crapped on the carpet then bit chunks out of my ears. For all that she is entertaining she is *really* hard work. I turned my back on her for five seconds and turned round to find her chewing my phone.
Both dogs then played “chase” around the living room then squabbled over a scrap of material. "Furry Face TM" is better than he was; having been poorly at the weekend, I think he struggles to keep up with the puppy.

I got dressed, put the lead on to "Furry Face TM" and put "Furry Shark TM" into her carry-sling and we went out to meet "Daddy’s Little Angel TM" and "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM".  They had Sid and Pogo ("Furry Shark TM"’s brother) with them, and together we went for a little walk. Bearing in mind we had a toddler and four dogs (two of which had never been for a walk before) the walk was something of a success.

Once home the dogs went to sleep and I ran round with the Hoover in preparation for the boiler’s servicing. I then watched an episode of “Game of Thrones” with a sleeping dog on each side of me, and then the nice boiler servicing man arrived to give the boiler its annual once-over. There are those who say it is money wasted and that they never get their boilers serviced. I used to say that until the old one gave up the ghost and the new one cost me two thousand pounds…

As the dogs carried on snoozing I watched a film about the life of the painter JMW Turner. It starred Timothy Spall; I quite like him even if he did once have a minor run-in with my brother. About half way through the film the doorbell rang. There was some young lad purporting to be collecting on behalf of Cancer Research UK. Perhaps he was, but when it became clear I knew far more about radiotherapy and chemotherapy than he did, he couldn’t get away quickly enough.
I settled back down with my dogs. I was just thinking how sweet "Furry Shark TM" was when she bit me. Quite savagely. I then took both dogs into the garden to do what dogs do in gardens. One did. One didn’t. So we came back in and the little one tiddled on the carpet. And as I cleaned up the tiddle so she had a  dump on the carpet too. And another tiddle.

Jimbo came to visit; we put the world to rights over a few beers whilst "Furry Shark TM" savaged him. And then (being Tuesday) the clans gathered in Arden Drive. We’d arranged for pizza to be delivered, and with that scoffed I slept through an episode of Gotham. I *hate* that. Fast asleep when things are happening and I shall now be lying awake for half the night…


No comments:

Post a Comment