18 November 2015 (Wednesday) - Calendars

I was rather tired this morning; perhaps an early shift after yesterday's exertions wasn't such a good idea? As I scoffed my toast I watched this week's episode of "The Last Man on Earth" on my own. "Furry Face TM" didn't stir at all. He was still worn out.

Bearing in mind I'd been the driver of a car full yesterday, the car felt noticably lighter as I drove to work this morning. As I drove the pundits on the radio were again sticking the knife into Jeremy Corbyn. Perhaps the bloke is just well-meaning but a little misguided. Perhaps he's the best leader the Labour party has ever had but somehow made an enemy of the press. Perhaps he really is a clueless imbecile. I don't know; all I know is what I hear about him through the media. And (in all honesty) I'm yet to hear anything positive about the bloke.
I can't help but wonder if it might be better for the Labour party for him to resign in favour of a leader against whom the press haven't obviously taken a grudge.

I stopped off at Morrisons who had no bananas. Not one. Can you beleive it? And then I took a five minute diversion to Harbledown for geo-purposes. One of the things that "real" geocachers are supposed to do is to have found at least one cache on every day of the year. I'd managed three hundred and thirteen out of a possible three hundred and sixty six days. Now I've done three hundred and fourteen thanks to a young lad who started filling Canterbury with caches a few months ago. It is a shame that he seems to have given up; he was actually contributing to the hobby.

I got to work for the early shift, did my thing, and at lunch time I stayed awake through a commercial presentation. To be honest it was really only fair that I did so; the nice people presenting had brought in posh sandwiches for us.
An early start made for an early finish. I went home via the petrol station at Morrisons, and once home I took "Furry Face TM" for a little walk. We might have gone further, but it was dark and raining. So we came home and after a rather good bit of tea "er indoors TM" went off to flog candles to Charlotte and her mates.
I stayed home and in between fussing my dog I polished boots, de-mudded wellies and sorted laundry. What an exciting life I lead...


No comments:

Post a Comment