2 June 2015 (Tuesday) - Stuff

Over brekkie I watched yet another episode of "Are You Being Served". Arguably the lamest character in the show (and that's up against some pretty serious competition) Mr Tebbs left to be replaced by Mr Goldberg. As I recall its at about this point in the show's history that it becomes seriously lame.
Mind you I found out today that the actress who played Mr Grace's secretary was (at the time) famous for "flopping them out". I might have mentioned that I'm a staunch supporter of this sort of thing.
As I watched so my "friends" next door had something of a family domestic; shrieking and shouting at 6.30am. In years gone by that chap would listen at the wall and report the squabbles that I and "Daddies Little Angel TM" would have to the council's social workers.
I wonder if he realises that I'm *not* returning the favour.

I then checked out the Internet. The entire nation is up in arms because the winner of "Britain's Got Talent" apparently cheated by using a stunt dog in her performance. I initially was going to pose the question "who cares?" but to the nation's shame evidently millions of people seem to care.
Instead I'll make the observation that the whole stunt dog debacle was probably done deliberately to keep the show in the news.

As I drove to work the Minister for Health was being interviewed on the radio. At the risk of sounding disrespectful, that chap is a master at talking bollocks. Apparently (!) there is a serious shortage of doctors and nurses and so agencies are able to charge a fortune to supply doctors and nurses from their staff.
The Minister for Health thinks this is too expensive and he intends to bring in legislation capping the maximum amount an agency can charge.
Now I thought that his was called "market forces" and that Conservative politicians felt it was a good thing. But what do I know?
It was interesting that the Minister for Health seemed to be oblivious to the fact that there are more people than just doctors and nurses in hospitals. Pharmacists, physiotherapists, podiatrists, radiographers, biomedical scientists, medical coders, porters, painters, cleaners and the like didn't warrant a mention. I wonder if there are shortages amongst those peeople too?
It was also interesting that he pundits on the radio didn't seem to want to take any responsibility for a crisis in NHS staffing; were they not to be constantly running a witch-hunt on every hospital in the country perhaps people might want to work in them?

I stopped off at Morrisons to get all the stuff I forgot yesterday and then went on to work where I did some. I then came home and took "Furry Face TM" round the park for a walk. The fun fair has arrived, and there are caravans full of fun-fair-folk all over the place. We didn't hang around.
On the wayy home we met a small child in full Kung-Fu costume obviously on his way to Karate class. He was "Hi-Ya-ing" in a menacing fashion at everyone and everything he saw... until he saw my dog. It was at that point when he screamed and ran in terror.

Being Tuesday the clans gathered; this time in Somerset Road. Having forgotten to bring the right episode of "The Flash" we played ChromeCast games and watched Doctor Who take on the latest variety of cybermat...


No comments:

Post a Comment