12 June 2015 (Friday) - Car Fire

I again went to bed last night an hour earlier than usual. Why am I so tired just lately? "Furry Face TM" had a woofing fit at some stage in the night but "er indoors TM" got up to see to him so I left her to it.
Over brekkie I watched a particularly lame episode of "Are You Being Served", and bearing in mind the general standard of the show, that was up against some pretty serious cometition. And after Mrs Slocombe had been very willy-nilly with her pussy I found something quite amazing on the telly. "Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura" was expounding the theory that global warming was all a scam to make money. He was rather vague about who was making money, and how they were doing so, and not one of the so-called experts were actually identified. It was clearly hyped-up drivel, but it made for worrying watching for those who are stupid enough not to to give a moment's thought to any crackpot theory with which they are presented.
The trouble is that there are lots of people who really are stupid enough not to to give a moment's thought to any crackpot theory with which they are presented (Did I ever mention that I don't beleive in democracy?).
Mind you I would suggest that my loyal readers have a look at the show; his assistant reporter has clearly had some sort of cosmetic sugery done to her face. Each of her lips is larger than my buttocks.

I set off out and had something of a surprise. It turned out that "Furry Face TM" had been barking at blue lights in the night. Overnight the car which had been parked next to mine had caught fire. Apparently the fire brigade had been called to put the thing out. "er indoors TM" had been out and seen it all and had even offered to move my car if it was in the firemen's way.
It's amazing what happens when you are asleep.

I then went up to the hospital for my out patient appointment. I've been fretting about it for a while. The maxillo-facial specialist had a rummage in my neck and immediately found the troublesome lump. He mauled it around for five minutes then confidently said it was probably nothing to worry about. I asked about the "C" word and he then backtracked (but only slightly). He suggested I should have an ultrasound scan just to be sure and I should come back to see him in a month or so.
I was of the opinion that maybe I should have had the scan *before* seeing the expert, and *if* it's nothing to worry about, why does it hurt so much. But what do I know?
Perhaps they might eventually tell me what (if anything) they intend to do about this lump. It's the uncertainty which gets me down.

I then made my way to Canterbury for the late shift; wasting time in the Cheapo-Bargains shop as I went. Work was again surprisingly busy. I've had to actually get off my arse this week and do stuff. Can't say I'm a fan of that.

Once at work I realised the sole of my shoe was coming away from the top. Regular readers of this drivel may recall that this pair of shoes was bought on the cheap from eBay. On 17 February I worked out that if those shoes lasted more than five weeks I'd be in profit. At that time I hadn't factored in the fact that the heels were leaving black marks everywhere, so I had to then spend a further twelve quid on new heels. So that meant the shoes had to survive for seventeen weeks to be realistically any cheaper than a decent pair of shoes.
They have lasted exactly seventeen weeks.

I now have a dilemma. Do I buy another pair of cheapo shoes or shell out on a decent pair of Doc Marten's?
I suppose that from the maxillo-facial specialist's optimism a decent pair of shoes wouldn't be quite the waste of money I've been thinking it might have been...

No comments:

Post a Comment