11 June 2015 (Thursday) - Stuff

After a decent night's sleep I woke with something of a headache. I hate that; morning headaches seems to drag on interminably. Over brekkie (shared with "Furry Face TM") I watched "Secret Diary of a Call Girl". Billie Piper is very good in that; so good that I was so wrapped up in the plot that it wasn't until the show was over that I realised she'd kept her kit on for the entire episode.

I then had a look on social media. Seeing a friend had a birthday reminded me of something I'd heard on the radio yesterday which had slipped my mind. I didn't realise that the song "Happy Birthday to You" is still copyrighted. Public performances of said song incur a royalty payment. Whilst it's practically unenforcable for the vast majority of the times it is sung, whoever owns the copyright gets enough of a bung every time it appears on TV, film and radio to make it the most profitable song of all time.
Whenever anyone has a birthday I often post my trademark birthday video to their Facebook page. I wonder how much I owe for having done that over the years.

As I drove to work I listened to the radio. A survey of two hundred thousand Britons has declared that the Robin is Britain's favourite bird. However the validity of the vote has been cast into doubt. Apparently most votes cast were cast by schoolchildren on the day on the General Election (to teach them all about voting) and consequently the Barn Owl came in second place because all the kids who voted were Harry Potter fans. This has caused consternation in some quarters as it was hitherto common knowledge that people prefer blackbirds over owls....
And this is news?

Once at work I had another busy day. I'm getting fed up with being expected to actually do stuff at work.
Mind you the day wasn't without excitement. "Daddies Little Angel TM" phoned in a less than tranquil frame of mind. Her landlord has decided to sell their house and has told them to sling their hooks. I can understand her dismay; but part of me thinks this is the problem of living in rented accommodation. You *can* be hoiked out at the drop of a hat.
Mind you this *could* be a good thing. I've always said there are too many stairs in that flat for my liking.

With work done we took "Furry Face TM" for quite a long walk; it was too nice not to his evening. Down to Park Farm (via South Willesborough) and back. "Furry Face TM" seemed to like the walk. I wonder if my latest grand-dog will like long walks...
Spare a thought for that little puppy - "My Boy TM" is up in arms because "Rolo" has taken to going under the sofa for a tiddle. I think it's quite sweet really; mainly because its not my sofa.


No comments:

Post a Comment