18 October 2014 (Saturday) - Bit Dull

Having been gloating about how well I've been sleeoping I was wide awake from 3am this morning. Probably worrying about "Daddies Little Angel TM" who's been poorly again.
I got up at 6am and let "Furry Face TM" out for his morning tiddle which today was performed with a cocked leg (rather than as a squat). I am seeing that as a very good sign.

I then set off to work before dawn, and as I drove a very red sky became rather evident as the sun rose. Remembering the old adage "Red sky in morning, shepherd's warning" I can only imagine that the red sky warns shepherds of coming good weather; I spent much of the morning looking out of teh window at a lovely day.

As I drove the pundits on the radio were being mean about UKIP's latest (only) MP. Having left the conservative party he was being lambasted about all the things he once said as a tory that now he seems to have gone back on. I must admit that I can't help but agree with the chap when he said that changing circumstances made him change his mind. If only more people would admit when they think they've made a mistake then the world might be a better place.

I stopped off at Morrisons for lunch. I paid for my stuff in the self service tills. I didn't want to, buut I was turned away from the attended tills; today they were being used by Morrison's staff who were getting their shopping. I can't helpp but wonder if using an attended till is a perk of the job, or a sign that management doesn't trust its workers?

And so to work. Usually I don't mind working at weekends, but my heart wasn't in it today. Possibly because I was missing the annual spectacle of Hastings bonfire parade. I came home to find the fmaily were all out at the bonfire. Mind you my little dog was pleased to see me. He's been to the vet's today. He had his booster shot and a quick once-over. The feeling is that a canine chiropracter wouldn't be much help in his particular case. Rest remains to be the order of the day.
I let him out for his tiddle, and he rushed off down the garden barking like a thing possessed. What a difference a week makes...

No comments:

Post a Comment