17 October 2022 (Monday) - This n That

The puppies weren't at all keen on being hoiked into a wet garden to do that what was expected of them this morning. I can't say I was overly keen on going out with them, but better a little rain outside than a lot of tiddle inside, eh?
Eventually  they did that what was expected of them and were rewarded with being allowed upstairs and bothering “er indoors TM.
I made toast and watched another episode of "Stranger Things", then set off to work.
 
There are road works at the bottom end of my road, and it is now one-way. The fact that it is one-way didn't stop the half-wit element from driving through the "No Entrance" signs though. The half-wit element bothers me... I seem to encounter them in so many places; no one has ever told them that they aren't anywhere near as clever as they think they are. And that’s not just me being nasty, it is a scientific fact!
 
Having been delayed whilst idiot drivers drove where they shouldn't, I then spent quarter of an hour at a standstill on the motorway for no apparent reason. I really should check the travel news before I go up the motorway. I'm getting stuck in hold-ups so often, and it is only when I can see the queue going on for miles in front of me that I think to check the traffic layer on Google Maps.
Mind you as I sat and waited the pundits on the radio told me that it was a bright sunny morning in Kent, and five minutes later they said that there was heavy rain in Kent. I'm not a fan of weather forecasts at the best of times, but today they really were making it up as they went along.
As well as getting the weather right and wrong by pot luck, the pundits on the radio were spending a lot of their time talking about the new Chancellor of the Exchequer Jeremy Hunt. I must admit that in my experience the fellow was universally despised when he was Minister for Health, but I don't suppose he can balls the economy up any more that Kwasi Kwarteng has ballsed it up already (can he?). It was claimed that his policy is to undo pretty much everything that Mr Kwarteng did. I would have thought that sending Mr Kwarteng a bill for what he cost the country wouldn't be a bad idea either... heaven forbid that politicians should be accountable, eh?
I then laughed out loud at "Thought For The Day" in which a half-wit vicar (I said the half-wits plague me, didn't I?) was claiming that all the ills of the country are down to everyone doing what they felt was "the right thing to do". He went on to say that there was only one "right thing to do" and that was doing whatever he said; whatever he said being prompted either by his God, or by the strange voices in his head.
 
Work was work; in between peering down a microscope I managed to pay Dad's gas and leccie bill (it was far less than mine!), and I made a phone call about a life assurance policy of Dad's that has come to light. It might not be for much, but it will reimburse me for his gas bill.
 
“er indoors TM came up with a very good bit of dinner, then went bowling. Once the dogs finally settled I watched the penultimate episode of “House of the Dragon”. It was rather good up until the last five minutes when all plot was abandoned in favour of leaving the viewers thinking “WTF was that all about?”.
Perhaps next week we (I) might find out…

No comments:

Post a Comment