25 October 2022 (Tuesday) - Bit Dull Really

Morgan went outside and did that which was expected of him this morning. And I prevented Bailey from eating it too. Something of a double result!! Much as I do love the puppies, they are foul creatures.
Talking of puppies, sister-in-law's dog had five of the things overnight...
 
I settled the puppies (ours, not hers) with “er indoors TM and watched last Sunday's final episode of "House of the Dragon" which was... I think the word I'm looking for is "tedious". The episode just dragged on. "House of the Dragon" does rather follow its parent show "Game of Thrones" in never hesitating to put on endless battle scenes when the scriptwriters haven't got enough plot to eke the show out. This season of ten shows could have easily (and better) done is six. I also can't help but think that Matt Smith might have used his time more productively being in the weekend's "Doctor Who" special, but I suppose he went where the money was.
 
It was rather dark when I left home. As I dove there was no topic on the radio being discussed other than the succession of Rishi Sunak as our new Prime Minister. He's become Prime Minister according to the long-established law of the country, but still there were those who showed their ignorance and were complaining that there hadn't been a General Election.
I was driving to Pembury today; as always the frankly dreadful driving I saw everywhere reached something of a climax at Goudhurst (as it so often does). Have you ever driven round Goudhurst? If you do, don't be afraid to drive up the pavements. Everyone does, and oncoming vehicles expect you to do so. I must admit I'm not keen on it, but it was either up the pavement or a head-on collision for me this morning.
 
I got to work; I hadn't been to Pembury for a few months, and so I spent a little while wandering round catching up on the gossip; the major bit of gossip being the demise of the tea club. In the past for a quid a week I could have as much coffee as I wanted, and someone else would ensure the plentiful supply of coffee, sugar and milk. But since I was last there, this has come to an end. I've now got to go to Tesco to get my own supplies. That's a pain in the glass (as “Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TMwould say).
Bearing in mind the thirty-third Rule of Acquisition I spent quite a bit of time sucking up to the recently-promoted boss. She was having something of a dilemma in that her horse is currently depressed. It turns out that horses get seasonal depression. My Fudge used to sulk, but I don't think we've ever had a depressed dog. I couldn't help but wondered if dogs get depression too? It turns out that they do.  So... as well as stopping them from eating each other's turds and chewing the door frames, here's something else to worry about.
 
It was dark when I got home too…

No comments:

Post a Comment