12 October 2022 (Wednesday) - Something Monumental

I didn't sleep well; I was rather restless for much of the night. I gave up trying to sleep and chased the puppies round the garden before watching an episode of "Stranger Things" which was rather good despite not much at all actually happening.
 
Today I remembered where I'd parked last night and so found my car much quicker. I set off to the back end of Singleton where I had a little Munzee mission capping Evos like a thing possessed, and after I was done I had a little episode with the car.
I couldn't get into it. The door wouldn't open. I tried the key a few times and the lock sounded very quiet and the door wouldn't unlock. After a few minutes I realised that whenever I pressed the remote unlocking button the reason the lock sounded quiet was because the lock was about ten yards away... I'd been trying to get in to the wrong car. Woops! It was as well that no one saw me.
 
As I drove to work the pundits on the radio were talking about the latest financial disaster to hit the country. Apparently the Bank of England has announced that whatever it is that it is doing to save the country from disaster, it is going to stop that on Friday, and the rest of the financial world has three days to sort itself out. In the meantime despite the country's finances being firmly sailing up shit creek and all paddles having been thrown overboard, the Prime Minister has announced that she isn't going to cut public services.
It amazes me that in any other profession there is a need for qualification and experience before one can advance to any position of seniority or authority (no matter how junior) but when it comes to running the country, demonstrably any old half-wit can have a go.
Meanwhile NASA have said that their attempt (a week or so ago) to shove an asteroid in a different orbit worked.
At the time I was amazed at the lack of public awareness of this. Being able to shove space rocks about is of monumental importance. What happened to the dinosaurs won't happen to us. Mind you it is only a matter of time before some nutter realises that shoving an asteroid so that it won't crash into the Earth is in principle no different to shoving an asteroid so that it does crash into the Earth.
Now we really are in the territory of James Bond villains.
 
Work was work... I did what I could amid a flurry of phone calls about the arrangements for tomorrow. And at rather the last minute I got the confirmation for the funeral's live streaming. I say "last minute" - I'd had them a while ago but hadn't actually read the email properly.
 
I got home to find “Daddy’s Little Angel TM and “Darcie Waa Waa TM home. “er indoors TM  sorted out KFC, and we watched “The Lego Batman Movie”. “Daddy’s Little Angel TM has taken “Darcie Waa Waa TM to bed.
I shan’t be long… busy day tomorrow…

No comments:

Post a Comment