11 October 2022 (Tuesday) - Destroying Lego

I felt a bit better this morning when I got up. With puppies sorted I watched more of  "Stranger Things" which (being set in the early eighties) is a nostalgia trip if nothing else.
I then sparked up the lap-top and had  a little look at the Munzee Clan War. There has been something of a major result or major disaster in the Munzee world, depending on your personal perspective.  Every month Munzers band together in groups of up to ten in order to achieve certain individual and group tasks. And (up till now) every month it is the same... a small minority puts in all the effort and two or three do the group tasks that up to ten should be doing. And at the end of the month those who've done the bare minimum join in at the last minute and reap the benefits of the minority's efforts. But yesterday Munzee HQ announced that from here on in everyone's got to put in the effort; if you aren't in by the twelfth of each month then you can't join at all. Being the clan leader, last night I invited all the other Munzers who were rota-ed for the clan, and to my cynical surprise everyone’s making an effort.
However this month I’m in a higher-achieving clan. I wonder what will happen at the lower levels. Will this encourage everyone to make more effort, or will this discourage some and make them throw in the towel? We shall see...
I also saw a friend from fifty years ago was on holiday in Kefalos. That's a place in Kos - I've been there; there was a castle and a geocache, and one of our buggies broke down there. However he shouldn't have been on holiday in Kefalos. He should have been on holiday in Kefalonia; a five hundred miles flight or a thousand miles mile drive (taking nearly a whole day) away. Woops.
 
I set off on a cold morning to find my car. I found it quicker than I did yesterday. As I drove the pundits on the radio were talking about the ongoing conflict in Ukraine. Yesterday the Russians gave the Ukrainians a severe arse-kicking with cruise missile attacks on several of their cities. Most of the rest of the world were rather taken aback at this. I'm not defending the Russians in any way, but isn't this what war is all about? It's not some squabble confined to a certain area, is it? It's one big all-out fight. Isn't it?
I suppose the obvious next step is the Western world (who have been funding the Ukrainian war effort all along) will now supply the Ukrainians with cruise missiles of their own... and then the shit really will hit the fan.
 
Work was work, and being on the early shift I came home early. I got the dogs into the boot of the car and we went to Orlestone. I would have preferred Kings Wood, but by the time I get home from work getting to Kings Wood takes over twice the time that getting to Orlestone takes.
Mind you we had a good walk… mostly. Morgan didn’t run off *too* much, and apart from him and his sister getting too involved with a squadron of greyhounds, the walk passed off pretty much without incident. I did chuckle when we got back to the car though, As we got back to the car so another chap was setting off on his dog walk. Two minutes later his dog came flying back to the car park hotly pursued by the ill-behaved dog of a rather posh lady.
There is a certain satisfaction when it is someone else’s dog that is playing up.
 
“er indoors TM boiled up a very good bit of scran (she does that!) which we scoffed whilst watching another episode of “Lego Masters: Australia” in which the contestants made some rather spectacular models which then got destroyed with a bowling ball. The explosions looked rather spectacular in slow motion… I wonder if I might do something along those lines with “Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TM”…

No comments:

Post a Comment