1 October 2022 (Saturday) - Dog Club & Family Reunion

Once I’d “done the puppies” I made toast and had a look at the internet. Overnight one person had de-friended me on Facebook. I’ve long had this (utterly unreasonable) idea that if you are not my Facebook friend, you are my Facebook enemy, and the number of my Facebook enemies has gone up by one overnight. I shall gloss over the fact that my Facebook enemies rank in the millions.
Not much else had happened really.
Being the first of the month I did the admin for the Munzee Clan War in readiness for the new war starting on Monday. I’m going to Munz a little harder next month and will be running a Level Four clan. To the uninitiated this means putting quite a few more bar-code stickers on lamp posts.
 
With dogs fed, “er indoors TMorganised Treacle and I set off with the puppies to the weekly meeting of the Kent Dachshund Society. As I drove I listened to Steve on the radio. “Guess The Year” was 1992; I thought it was 1990 until there was talk of the Queen’s “annus horribilis”. For all that two of her children had marriage breakdowns and Windsor Castle went up in flames that year, I do think her late Majesty made a mistake in talking about an  annus horribilis”. If she’d said “it’s been a shitter of a year” everyone would have sympathised, but even now, thirty years later, people still laugh about her horrible anus.
I did chuckle as Steve read out the travel news. Finding myself going nowhere in a traffic jam I could see that the M20 wasn’t as easy-going as he would have had us believe. I sent him a message, and I was soon mentioned on the radio.
The traffic jam did delay us somewhat; we were only forty minutes late to Dog Club. But we made the most of it, and I took a few photos too. We had a very good time… I did chuckle; the last time we were there we met a chap whose dog wouldn’t leave Treacle alone, and when Treacle told the dog off this chap had a whinge about her on-line. Today his same dog wouldn’t leave Bailey alone. I was *so* pleased she didn’t react.
 
We came home, and I spent a few minutes sorting the pond. One of the filters had bunged up yesterday and I had planned to un-bung it. The old filter used to take about half an hour to clean out; the new filter boxes un-bung in about five minutes.
 
We settled the dogs and “er indoors TM and I drove down to Hastings (well, St Leonards) for a family reunion. In years gone by “er indoors TM’s tribe used to have annual reunions at which I would regularly embarrass various members of her family by knowing their family tree better than they did.
I still do.
There’s talk of this being an annual event again… if this comes off I shall insist that the fruits of my loin go along. It *is* their family after all…
 
There was talk of the afternoon being a family meal… there were some crisps and peanuts… so we stopped off at the Chinese takeaway on the way home.
I’ve got guts ache now…

No comments:

Post a Comment