10 October 2022 (Monday) - A Bit Dull Really

I was still feeling rather grotty when I woke - did I pick up some lurgy at Saturday's dog club? I thought about phoning in sick, but decided against it. I got up and tiddled the puppies. This morning the got on with it and did what was expected of them. Some mornings they mess about; not today though.
I settled them with “er indoors TM, tiddled myself (as you do) and sparked up the telly and watched the first episode of "Stranger Things" on Netflix. I've heard a lot of good things about the show. So far it seems rather good, but the first episode of a four-season show is rather early to be making a judgement.
 
Completely forgetting where I'd parked yesterday I wandered the streets pressing the "unlock" button on the car's key until I heard the clicking of the locks in the fourth street I tried. Oh well... I only wasted fifteen minutes finding it…
As I drove the pundits on the radio were talking about the Ukrainian situation. Someone has bombed the only bridge connecting Crimea to Russia, and the Russians have got the arse. There were a lot of explosions going on in Kiev, and no one would hazard a guess at what that was all about. Does it really take Sherlock Holmes to figure out what's going on here?
There was also talk about whether or not benefit payments should rise either in level with inflation or in level with wages. The government's view is that they should go up with inflation... Is this to curry favour with the unemployed and those receiving benefits? Bearing in mind all the strikes going on and being voted about, I'm getting the impression that those in authority value those who don't work more than they value those who do.
 
The works car park was rather busy this morning when I arrived; it took a few minutes to get in. What was that all about?
Before I started work I had a cuppa and looked at the Internet. I had an email from the nice people at Credit Karma who told me that despite absolutely nothing having changed to my financial status in the last year or so, my credit rating had gone up by five points. I'm convinced they just make it up as they go along.
I also had a message from "Vacarcuic Maria" who was offering me unfettered access to her website featuring various women of dubious morals. That was kind of her, wasn't it? Perhaps she's heard about my increased credit rating?
 
With work worked I came home, and once “er indoors TMhad sorted scran she went off bowling. The dogs slept on my lap as I watched this week’s instalment of “House of the Dragon”. In the last few weeks the show is leaping forward several years with each episode, and so the characters are either played by different actors, or the actors are heavily made up. I haven’t a clue who is who anymore… I think I shall watch the lot from the start again at some point…
But not just yet.
 
My Boy TM” went fishing today and posted today’s photo quite early in the morning. It’s rather pretty, isn’t it. I wonder if he will ever realise I’ve blagged it…

No comments:

Post a Comment