2 October 2022 (Sunday) - A Birthday

As my lap-top oh-so-slowly started itself up, the McAfee thingy told me my September report was available. I had a look at it… when I say “I had a look at it” I mean I clicked on the button and absolutely nothing at all happened.
Whilst it carried on doing nothing I had a look at the rest of the Internet. Two Facebook friends had a birthday today. Both got the video. Other  than that, there wasn’t much else happening on-line. I installed the RingGo app, and played Bubble Pop for a while until the washing machine finished.
 
“er indoors TM set off to Folkestone to collect “Daddy’s Little Angel TM”, “Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TMand “Darcie Waa Waa TM”. Once I’d ironed shirts and trousers I settled the (sleeping) dogs and set off myself. We were taking “Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TMto the Sea Life Centre for a birthday treat as he’s into fish at the moment. The idea was that “er indoors TM would collect the kids, I would follow later, and we would all arrive at the Sea Life Centre at about the same time. We actually ended up following each other’s cars in Rye, and arrived at the car park at exactly the same time as “Daddy’s Little Angel TM”’s mate (and her family) who were with us for the day. I had a successful first go on the RingGo car park app, and then off we went.
 
Five bigguns and four littluns set off on a rather good day. We went into the Sea Life Centre had had a rather good time. There’s lots to see in there. As well as the fish and sea horses they’ve added a reptile room too. I took a few photos in the Sea Life Centre; for some odd reason I stopped taking photos when we came out.
 When we’d gone in, it was raining. The rain had stopped when we came out, so we walked along the prom to the Fishermen’s museum, then had cockles, then went to the Old Town Fryer for chips. Forty-two years ago The Old Town Fryer was the Harbour Restaurant, and I worked there for two summers. Paid at a pound an hour it was hard work, but great fun. I couldn’t believe how the place had changed. But we got our chips and scoffed them sitting outside.
From there we crossed the road for a tiddle and to spend time (and money) in the amusements before scaling the West Hill. We’d bought the all-inclusive tickets which allowed us into the Caves and the Castle as well as the Sea Life Centre. The caves were every bit as good as I remembered them being. Some of our number were a little frightened of the dark to begin with, but they soon realised it was fun.
It was a shame that we got to the castle only to find it was closed. It was also a shame that some arrogant DFL (as the Londoners invading Hastings are known – “Down From London”) got rather mouthy at “Daddy’s Little Angel TM”; as he was so busy fiddling on his phone he nearly went arse over tit over “Darcie Waa Waa TM’s pram. I told the DFL to get knotted and he got rather aggressive until he saw the rest of our party. Faced with a bloke half his age and twice his size he soon shoved off.
We made our way back to the car park via one of the ice cream stalls where we filled up with ice cream and doughnuts.
 
“er indoors TM took the kids home; I came straight home, woke the dogs and together we fed the fish. I’d spent most of the time away from home fretting about the dogs… and they’d been fine.
It’s been quite a busy weekend… I’m worn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment