9 July 2015 (Thursday) - Busy

I woke up at the sort of time I usually do for work, then realised I won't have to show up there for a week so tried to get back to sleep. Amazingly I nodded off only to be woken by the phone shortly after 7am. An extremely accented voice was worrying me about "my windows computer am sending the messages virus".
We had someone else from New Dehli asking me to do a llifestyle questionnaire after 10pm last Monday. I've tried all the recommended ways to get shot of these nuisance phone calls. There is only one option left open to me. I shall pull the phone's plug. If anyone wants to get hold of me I have a mobile phone on which I can be phoned, texted, IM-ed and emailed. I shan't be bothering with the landline any more.

I popped the lead onto "Furry Face TM" and we scrounged a lift with "er indoors TM" to her work. It is a good place to start a dog walk; from there we have an hour's walk home and a choice of routes home. We went via the golf course (for a geo-reason) then home via the Warren and (eventually) Viccie Park where my dog made a point of bullying another small dog. He got told off about that.

Once home I then popped up to town. I nearly forgot I've got the roof-box on the car; I nearly bashed it off. I remembered in the nick of time and instead went to a car park which I *could* get into. I then went to the mobile phone shop to collect my free charger (they are giving them away) and I also went to the town centre Tesco to stock up on beer for the weekend.
My piss didn't actually boil, but it did simmer a lttle.
I asked the woman if she had any ale. In a rather disinterested way she waved at a display of lagers and ciders. So I asked if she had any beers that weren't lagers or ciders. She looked at me as though I was talking a foreign language, and then looked at the lagers and ciders as though she'd never seen them before. I asked her if she or anyone in the shop knew the difference between ale, lager and cider. She looked as though she was about to cry, clearly not having a clue how to answer the question.
So I drove to the out-of-town Tesco and stocked up.

Once home I mowed the lawn and then got a few more bits out of the shed ready to load into the car. The Rear Admiral arrived to help with the fetching and carrying and soon the car was loaded up. I then popped round to Sweatman's Mowers to get more calor gas; narrowly avooiding being run off the road by some twit driving a Roalco van. I've mentioned before that if people are going to drive stupidly or dangerously it is best not to do so in the works van.
With gas bought I came home to find I couldn't park anywhere near the house. So I parked down the road, walked home and watched an episode of fan-made Star Trek whilst scoffing a sandwich. I surprised myself by not falling asleep, and then packed my clothes for the weekend.

By now it was gone 5pm. I treated myself to a Magnum from the shop over the road and put the telly on. In the late afternoon there is often episodes of "Upstairs Downstairs" on the ITV Encore channel. There was today; Mr Hudson was shocked that Rose was thinking about marrying Gregory. Hr Hudson didn't like Gregory much. Personally I quite liked him, but having seen every episode of "Upstairs Downstairs" a dozen times I know that Gregory goes on to get shot in the Dardanelles.

Over a rather good bit of dinner we watched the last episode of the first season of "Yonderland"; roll on season two next week....

No comments:

Post a Comment