18 July 2015 (Saturday) - Solar Scoping

More and more these days I have vivid dreams in which I live in a much larger house than I currently have,and half way through realise (with a strong sense of disappointment) that it is all a dream. I had one such last night and woke feeling really down shortly after 5am.
I wonder what that is all about; I actually quite like my little house.

I tried to get back to sleep, but it wasn't happening so I got up and over brekkie watched the bitchy mothers getting really nasty on "Toddlers and Tiaras" whilst I mooched on-line. A new geocache had gone live in Willesborough only two miles from home. I didn't even consider chasing First to Find.
I also had an email from the power company telling me that there were three companies who could supply me with leccie cheaper than they currently do. That amazes me; after all the leccie and gas come down the same pipes and cables regardless of to whom I pay the bill. How can different companies charge different amounts when the stuff clearly comes from a communal supply?

I looked out the window and saw it looked to be a bright day, so (despite an iffy back) I went and dragged canvas around the garden in a desperate attempt to get the stuff dry before setting off to town.
The astro club was putting on a stall at the church fete today. I've been feeling a little bit iffy about the astro club lately, and today was a golden opportunity to get re-enthused about it all. We met up at St Mary's church and (after a quick brekkie) set up an indoor display. I then found myself looking after the solar scope outside. We had a steady stream of punters looking at the sun. Not as many as we might have done, but church fetes rarely attract anyone other than those who attend that church.
It was much the same back in my scouting days; you find yourself extorting money from the same old punters.

I gave the event until mid day. Then I came home, dragged the wet tent about a bit to help it dry, had a glass of Doctor Pepper for lunch and took myself off to bed for the afternoon. Despite the heat I slept for three hours; finally waking to the dlucet tones (!) of next door's piano. To be fair she's not bad, but after ten years she really ought to be better than "not bad".
I had a look in the garden and found the last tent finally dry. I dumped it in the shed to keep it that way, and after yesterday's left-over chips for tea I'm off to the night shift...

No comments:

Post a Comment