29 July 2015 (Wednesday) - Aylesford

I slept well until 4am; then lay awake feeling rather restless until getting up and watching episodes of "Family Guy" a couple of hours later. I then had a look-see on the Internet. There is consternation that Tesco have decided to stop selling Ribena and Capri-Sun on the ground that they are sugary drinks which contribute to obesity.
Am I the only one who thinks it odd that they have no plans to stop selling Coca-cola?

I programmed "Hannah", popped the lead onto "Furry Face TM" and set off to Aylesford where seven of us (and two dogs) met up for a little geo-stroll. There's no denying that in places the scenery wasn't quite that of some of the other walks I've been on, but nevertheless we had a good time. We found disused railway tracks and giant hogweed. We found a priory and a riverside walk that I never knew were there. We mistook a multi (its a geo thing), completely failed to find the letter "A" and even did a little geo-maintenance too.
I took a few photos as we walked. I do that.

After a few hours we found ourselves back at the cars having walked a little over eight miles. Normally I would have had a straight run home down the motorway but what with "Operation Stack" I was forced to take a rather convoluted route home via Sutton Valance and Headcorn.

Once home "Furry Face TM" took himself to his basket and started snoring. I put the tellly on and watched "Upstairs Downstairs". Virginia has appeared on the scene, and I nodded off until "er indoors TM" came home,
A rather good bit of gammon, Yonderland on the telly....
Just got to decide on a plan for tomorrow and Friday now.... My original plan went west some time ago. My backup plan's fallen through. And Operation Stack has now closed the motorway in both directions and put all the traffic onto all the "A" roads.
If all else fails the lawn doesn't mow itself and the laundry basket's getting very full again.

No comments:

Post a Comment