8 July 2015 (Wednesday) - Kebab and Chips

I had a rather traumatic night fraught with nightmares about my having been elevated to the role of President of my professional body purely becase said professional body wanted to (en masse) go geocaching and my role in the new world order was to supervise the punishment of the dissenters in a rather barbaric prison.
I woke up in something of a cold sweat half an hour before my alarm was set to go off.
Over brekkie I watched the episode of "Yonderland" that I'd slpet through last night. I also saw that the SkyPlus box has started recording episodes of "Family Guy". I didn't set it to do that. I wonder what's going on there.

I set off to work; listening to the radio as always. There was little of note on the news. Speculation about what will happen with the Greek debt crisis. speculation about the Chancellor's budget. No actual facts but a lot of guesswork.
I got to work a lot easier than I got home last night and once at work I pootled about spending much of the day keeping my head down. Coming home wasn't easy though. Much of Kent is still blocked up with Operation Stack. Every time the French workers in Calais get the hump, all of Kent grinds to a halt. I wonnder if the lorry drivers might use another port in future and put Calais out of business?

Once home (with a little help from the Rear Admiral) I got much of the camping gear out of storage and into the living room. We'll load the car tomorrow.
I then took "Furry Face TM" for a walk. Other than having to stop him from rolling in a dead sparrow the walk passed off reasonably uneventfully. We came home via the kebab shop; with "er indoors TM" off out tonight I had to get tea from somewhere.

We scoffed the kebab (and chips) whilst watching one of the episodes of Family Guy that the SkyPlus box had decided to record for me, and then I had a look-see on-line. A couple of weeks ago I ordered some leather insoles. The wrong things arrived, the seller wouldn't answer emails, eBay gave me a refund and I gave the seller a negative feedback. Today they've written to me begging to send me the correct insoles if I will amend my feedback. I've told them that if they send me what I asked for then I will amend the feedback. I wonder if they will assume that means I will remove the negative? I hope they don't think that, because I won't.

This morning as I'd driven to work there had been speculation about today's budget. By this evening the details had been announced. There is a calculator available on-line. It says that I shall be eighty quid a year better off. But then I'm old, the kids have left home, the house is (mostly) paid for. Those who are young, with children at home and still paying a mortgage (or rent) won't have a pot to piss in.

Why are so many people who (only a couple of months ago) voted in such a way to allow this budget to have happened now posting their surprise and amazement all over social media?

No comments:

Post a Comment