21 July 2015 (Tuesday) - Pluckley

Over brekkie I saw one of those "Please Share" things that flood Facebook. But this one made me think. There was a photo of a chap who had supposedly acted in a very threatening way and had supposedly done criminal damage to a car. But rather than reporting the incident to the police, the alleged aggrieved party splashed it all over Facebook. The person who'd been threatened and had her car damaged had a photo of the chap who supposedly was the vilain of the piece. The photo featured the chap's business name, his landline phone number and his mobile phone number.
So why wasn't this passed straight to the police? Something doesn't add up here.
I'd suggest we all be very careful about what we share on social media.

I popped the lead onto "Furry Face TM" and we went for a walk. With none of the usual suspects available for a walk today I took my dog to Pluckley. Three new geocaches had appeared over the last month or so, and using the GPS they make for a rather good guided walk. I found two of them; rather good ones. I didn't find the third; i came away under the impression that the thing had probably been drop-kicked into a hedge.
But even though I didn't find it, Pluckley is always good for a walk. I even took a few photos too.

We came home, and I found a certain dog had lost the name tag from his collar, so I went round to Pets at Home where I got one done at twice the price they do the same thing for on eBay. Over lunch I watched the most recent episode of "Dark Matter". The show started well, but we are now up to episode six and it's losing its initial promise.

I had a little doze, then spent a little while preparing a new geocache. It's something I've been working on for a while. Dead simple to find but rather trickier to open. It is surprising how long it takes to set up these things. I then watched "Upstairs Downstairs" on the ITV Encore channel before falling asleep until "er indoors TM" came home.

We then got the last of the tents back into its bag, scoffed an omelette, then rallied the troops and set off to Folkestone where the Internet had gone west. We watched an episode of "Star Trek: Enterprise"; I stayed awake. Can't be bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment