27 February 2020 (Thursday) - Stuff


I got up at five o’clock this morning, and as I fussed Fudge I saw that the smart meter was showing that we had already used one pound thirty-one pence worth of electricity and gas. In five hours. How is that possible? The thing barely reacts when I spend an afternoon washing and ironing and mowing the lawn, but goes mental we are all asleep.

I made toast; Fudge had the crusts. As I scoffed the rest I watched this week’s episode of “Inside No 9” (which was rather good) then sparked up my lap-top to see what had happened overnight. I’d not missed much. There was talk of several new series of geocaches being set, there were whinges about the Munzee software.
My email in-box was equally dull. LinkedIn wanted to know if I knew Andrew Jones (MD at A.M.J.Mechanical Contractors). As it happens I don’t. And whilst I’m sure that Mr Jones is a sterling fellow and we would probably get on like a house on fire, I find myself wondering just what is LinkedIn all about. Is it really just some random friend-finder?

I walked through the rain down an incredibly poorly-lit road to find my car, and set off towards Pembury. As I drove the pundits on the radio were scaremongering about the Corona virus and about the floods that are blighting the nation. A lot of people were asking why the Prime Minister wasn’t showing his face in the flooded areas. I had to laugh – it wasn’t that long ago that people were carrying cards saying they didn’t want to be visited by the Prime Minister if they were in hospital (following a terror attack) but now people *do*want to see him.
Perhaps the public might make its mind up?
There was also talk about how the Apple corporation have contacted most of the major film-producers saying they don’t want the villains of films to be seen using an I-phone. Apparently having an on-screen baddie using an I-phone is bad for business. This was laughed at until some media-type person (who was being interviewed) asked when you last saw a baddie in a film or TV show drinking Coca-Cola. Apparently the Coca-Cola corporation put a stop to that some years ago.

I stopped off at Tesco in Pembury where I deployed a Munzee and got some shopping. I now find I’m going to Pembury’s Tesco just to remind myself that my day isn’t that bad when I compare myself to the miserable people who work there. A dozen staff; all with faces like a slapped arse.

I went in to work where the day wasn’t that bad really. We had a couple of Red Alerts, but they weren’t as bad as they might have been.

I came home; "er indoors TM" boiled up a very good bit of dinner which we scoffed whist watching last week’s episode of “Hunted”; I really would like to have a go at that show. And ten we watched “Dogs Behaving (Very) Badly” which (if nothing else) makes me realise that Pogo isn’t *that* bad…

No comments:

Post a Comment