31 January 2020 (Friday) - Brexit Day


Finding myself wide awake at half past four I gave up trying to sleep and got up. Us Fudge snored on the sofa I watched yesterday’s episode of “Star Trek: Picard” which was OK. At the moment the show is still getting started, but I watched it with a distinct sense of waiting for something to happen. I must admit I don’t like the “one episode per week” which has characterised television for as long as television has been going. In this new era of streaming it is a shame that the people who made the show couldn’t have released the entire series in one go.

I then had a little look at Facebook and saw that there would seem to have been a re-launch of “The Wombles”. What’s that all about?

I headed work-wards through a rather dark morning. As I drove the pundits on the radio were talking about today's finalization of Brexit. Will it be a success? I hope so. Several so-called experts were wittering on the subject. After an hour's being bored senseless on the matter I ended up with the impression that it will be a qualified success for England. Scotland would seem to be jumping ship at the earliest opportunity, Northern Ireland would seem to have already been abandoned to the EU, and the jury was still out for Wales.
The Archbishop of Canterbury was wheeled on who blathered platitudes about how his faith in Jesus would sort everything out and reunite the country. I for one can't help but feel that Jesus has left it a little late.
Interestingly the consensus of opinion was that Brexit won't be good for the Prime Minister. Having been advocating it for so long, with a newly elected huge parliamentary majority firmly behind him, the Labour party in disarray and now no European Parliament to blame anything on, if he stuffs it up he only has himself to blame since his blundering buffoon act has effectively run its course (if it is actually an act).  Will he stuff it up? Time will tell... it always does

Having left home rather early I took the scenic route to work via Rolvenden, Cranbrook , four special Munzees and a half-hour traffic jam on the A21.
I also went to Tesco for supplies but didn't get all that I was hoping for. With their shaving gel being four times the price of the stuff in Aldi I decided to stick with what I know.

I did my bit and came home. "er indoors TM" was staging something of an “at home” in a thinly veiled ruse to unload candles onto the masses. Quite a few of the masses stood in the kitchen drinking with me…

No comments:

Post a Comment