16 February 2020 (Sunday) - It Rained


I woke in the small hours in desperate need of the loo but just as I was about to get up, one of the dogs put his/her chin on my leg, gave a very contented sigh and started snoring. So, not wanting to disturb whoever it was, I lay there for half an hour until they moved.

Over brekkie I had a look at the Internet and saw that the photos of yesterday’s geo-meet had been well received on-line. In retrospect I think the meet went well. I’d sent out personal invites to well over sixty people. Many replied, many did not. Several of those who said they would attend didn’t, several just turned up anyway. But bearing in mind the dreadful weather forecast, I’m pleased with how it all went.
I then had a go at solving a puzzle geocache. I had to do a one hundred and thirty piece on-line jigsaw puzzle. In only took me three quarters of an hour (an improvement on last night’s hour and twenty minutes).
Flushed with success I tried another. That only took me an hour.

Once "er indoors TM" had finished tidying her sock drawer (or something – I wasn’t paying attention) we went shopping. It was too wet to walk the dogs, and “Go Outdoors” had sent me a voucher for twenty per cent off (terms and conditions apply) so we went to the Canterbury branch of “Go Outdoors”. If nothing else I needed a new pair of trainers.
I found the shoes I wanted on the display stand, and eventually the assistant wandered over. I told her what I wanted. She slouched off, and came back five minutes later to ask what size I wanted. I told her; she went off again and came back a further ten minutes later to tell me they didn’t have any.
I found myself a pair of shoes.
Whilst I was at it I got some welly socks as well as some T shirts for "er indoors TM" and some dog cleaning fluid. We went to the check out; I brandished my voucher for twenty per cent off (terms and conditions apply). The nice lady took the voucher, scanned my stuff… Every single thing I wanted wasn’t included in the remit of the voucher.

Feeling a tad peckish we went on to McDonalds for McLunch. As we scoffed we watched the world go by. There were families having dinner; there were grandparents struggling with recalcitrant grandchildren, there were teenagers trying to make a bag of chips last all afternoon.
We then went on to Matalan for a couple of pairs of trousers. “Go Outdoors” have two ranges of trousers. One range is mink-lined trousers made of solid gold. The other rips when you so much as fart in them. Matalan has half-way decent trousers at a decent price.

We did have a plan to take the dogs out this afternoon, but the rain had got worse. As we walked from the car to home we met Brian and Rachel who had got absolutely soaked walking round the park. We decided that the dogs could miss going out for one day. So I sat down and spent an hour doing yet another on-line jigsaw, then set about solving some geo-puzzles for later in the week.

"er indoors TM" boiled up some rather good carrot soup which we scoffed with bread fresh from the oven. Very nice! As we scoffed it we watched today’s episode of “Doctor Who”. It was… It was a very good story which was let down by characters about whom I simply couldn’t care less. Such a shame…

It was raining hard when I got up… it rained all day… and it is still raining as I’m off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment