29 January 2024 (Monday) - Bit Dull

I watched another episode of "Peep Show" as I scoffed my toast this morning. In this morning's episode our heroes had a new friend called "Gunny"; a gun found in a dead aunt's house. For all the antics they had with "Gunny", no one ever considered why the dead aunt had a gun in the first place.
As I watched, I sorted undercrackers. A dull task, but they don't sort themselves.
 
I went to work via the Ashford Sainsbury's where I got petrol. Petrol is usually cheaper at the Aylesford end of my journey, but the patrol station at the Aylesford end is now closed for a month or so for refurbishment. I like to go to Sainsburys for the Nectar points... not that I've ever done anything with then other than accrue them. Ironically my phone's Nectar app has logged itself out; I really should log in again. I wonder what the password is?
Whilst I was getting petrol I got a sarnie for lunch too. I do that when getting petrol. It rather made a mockery of spending fifteen minutes trying to find my sandwich box last night, but there it is. Again the old bat on the till flatly refused to touch any of my shopping; waving the bar-code scanner at all angles until it finally registered.
 
It was rather foggy as I drove up the motorway this morning. As I drove the pundits on the radio were saying that the Americans have got the arse. Having been wantonly bombing the shit out of Johnny Foreigner in the Middle East for as long as anyone can remember, Johnny Foreigner has now bombed the Americans back and killed three US servicemen. Like we didn't see that coming? Several of the main suspects are hotly denying responsibility, and I can't say I blame them.
And French farmers have also got the arse, and are blocking Parisian streets in protest. They want more money in their pockets, and aren't happy that the French government is going along with EU deals to import cheaper foods from around the world. There was an interview with one of them on the radio this morning. This farmer felt that the French government shouldn't be importing cheap foreign food when people can buy far more expensive home-produced stuff. It strikes me that despite the French farmers wanting top dollar for their produce, the average Frenchie isn't going to want to shell out more when he can get it cheaper elsewhere, is he? Here's a squabble that will run and run.
 
For some reason the motorway was rather busy this morning, and frankly dangerous. You'd have thought people would have taken more care in thick fog, wouldn't you?
Work was work, but having started early I was home early. A shame it was such a damp evening; I solved more geo-puzzles until “er indoors TM dished up bangers and mash. She then set off bowling and once I’d ironed shirts I had a look at more of my Coursera course. The lectures played for the best part of an hour; they said an awful lot without actually saying anything and I got ninety per cent in a multiple-choice exam by choosing the answers that weren’t either frankly ridiculous or laughable.
 
I’m going to look at more geo-puzzles until “er indoors TM comes home. She says she’s coming home via Asda. Here’s hoping…
After a rather good weekend, today was a tad dull

No comments:

Post a Comment