1 January 2024 (Monday) - New Year's Day

A rather good night‘s sleep… with many more to come (he boasted foolishly!) In the past the dogs have got onto the bed between us and the duvet got pulled down under their weight, got pulled off of us (me!) and we (I) shivered. We’ve now got a single duvet each and so when the dogs get in the middle they don’t pull the duvet off of us (me!). The first night was a success; I slept through till nine o’clock this morning.
 
Being the first of a month meant I changed the blade on my razor, and with my toast made I had a look at the Internet. Pretty much everyone who posts on Facebook was wishing the world a happy new year, which was nice.
Back in the day there used to be a big walk for all the geocachers in Kent on New Year’s Day following the epic pub session for all the geocachers in Kent on New Year’s Eve, but with geocaching in a terminal decline, sadly no one organized anything this year. So we got the dogs onto their leads and “er indoors TM and I took the dogs to Hythe for a little geo-adventure of our own. We walked round the town doing the series of Adventure Lab caches that are there, and with the Adventure Lab done we found ourselves at a church where there was a geocache with a puzzle needing quite a bit of information to be found around the church. As we walked around getting what we needed from benches in the graveyard we were approached by some chap who introduced himself as a friend of a very serious geocacher who has over two hundred finds… and he offered us help and advice. He showed us where he lived and said if we needed any more help just to knock on his front door and ask. I smiled sweetly.
 
After a couple of hours we came home and over a lunch of leftovers we watched the Christmas episode of “Ghosts”, then we watched “Chicken Run; Dawn of the Nugget”. As we watched I made myself feel quite ill scoffing a tub of Cadbury’s Heroes, and “er indoors TM got rather stressed trying to get a quote for dog insurance. They don’t give it away you know.
 
We had more leftovers for dinner, and scoffed them whilst watching the Lego movie. Both were rather good.
In the past New Year’s day has been quite the adventure; today was rather quieter.
I quite liked today…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment